Special Event Hitler Youth Armband? ' V ' AN ALLEN FRONTEN DEUTSCHE SIEGE

Thanks Received
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what event the armband these HJ boys are wearing is supposed to commemorate. I just got a large batch of HJ photos of some big event where all the HJ and senior HJ are wearing these armbands. Any Info would be cool, thanks, Edd

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what event the armband these HJ boys are wearing is supposed to commemorate. I just got a large batch of HJ photos of some big event where all the HJ and senior HJ are wearing these armbands. Any Info would be cool, thanks, Edd
some more photos from same event

Attachments

If you look at the boys shoulderstraps in photo # 1,
It looks like the strap number is 457 , that is for Ost Ostpreussen or earlier Ost Ostland .
But if you look at his Gebiet triangle it does not look like the strap number matches his district triangle .

Great pics. That does look a lot like a 5 Joe doesn't it. I think though that this boy is from Bann 467 Elb-Havelland because his armband is showing the last part of the HJ-Gebiet of Mittelelbe (23) to which Bann 467 belonged. That would make the triangle 'Mitte Mittelelbe'.

Befehlsstelle Böhmen und Mähren (shown on the armband) was raised on the 15th of March 1939 so perhaps we're looking at a large rally on or around that date to commemorate that event which included a delegation from Gebiet Mittelelbe. Or perhaps this is simply a visit by a delegation from Gebiet 23 to Böhmen und Mähren. Difficult to say at the moment but I'll look for more info. Any detail from the reverse of the photos would be useful in getting closer to what was happening Edd.

Great pics. That does look a lot like a 5 Joe doesn't it. I think though that this boy is from Bann 467 Elb-Havelland because his armband is showing the last part of the HJ-Gebiet of Mittelelbe (23) to which Bann 467 belonged. That would make the triangle 'Mitte Mittelelbe'.

Befehlsstelle Böhmen und Mähren (shown on the armband) was raised on the 15th of March 1939 so perhaps we're looking at a large rally on or around that date to commemorate that event which included a delegation from Gebiet Mittelelbe. Or perhaps this is simply a visit by a delegation from Gebiet 23 to Böhmen und Mähren. Difficult to say at the moment but I'll look for more info. Any detail from the reverse of the photos would be useful in getting closer to what was happening Edd.
Thanks for the info Garry and Joe, always can rely with you guys to come up with the goods. Can't get any info from the back of pics Garry as these are all from original Negatives, Seems the the actual photos have long been destroyed unfortunetly. I got given around a 1000 original negatives and about 400 of them are HJ. Quite a few of the negatives are from this event and they are the large negatives so quite a lot of the image is missing from the images i've put on the forum ( got to get a scanner that can handle these large size negatives,lol ), i'll try to get more info off the pictures for you Garry, what i can tell you is that the event was filmed as there is a cameraman in a couple of the shots and hanging on the buildings are banners saying ' V ' AN ALLEN FRONTEN DEUTSCHE SIEGE !. Any other info and i'll let you know and i will post the full images when i get hold of a scanner, thanks, Edd

...on the buildings are banners saying ' V ' AN ALLEN FRONTEN DEUTSCHE SIEGE !. Any other info and i'll let you know and i will post the full images when i get hold of a scanner, thanks, Edd

That would date them to around 1941 then I imagine Edd. Did you find anything more from the other negatives at all?

There's another set from this event on Ebay at the moment which gives some useful additional info. The seller says that the some photos are marked. 'Großkonzert in Köthen', 'Elblandschaft', 'Ankunft in Prag', 'Abmarsch in Prag'. So, Bann 467 Elblandschaft (and possibly Bann 411 Köthen) were involved (both were Banne from Gebiet 23 Mittelelbe) and the concert in Köthen would appear to be a send-off before they travelled to Prague where they held the rally.

Attachments

Back