Volkssturm/HJ armband?

Thanks Received
I've had this one for ages now. I've never really liked it. Long story but I did not like it when it arrived, but it tooks months to get it as the parcel was lost in limbo from the US to Canada. It glows somewhat under UV. The threads burn okay like period thread. It's printed on the normal style HJ armband with the woven white stripe. Anyway I'd like to discuss this one if anybody has opinions or information to share. Here's a link to a thread I posted on WAF once. I got some positive replies, but, they were from guys that gave me the "Looks great, I've got one just like it in my collection" type responses, so no real answers there.

Link to WAF thread: HJ Volkssturm Armband? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

What are the chances of someone jazzing up a period armband with no Swaz? Now instead of an incomplete armband, they have a "rare" item. That is just a theory, but I wonder if stuff like that goes on.

We know that stuff goes on all the time Pat. Rip off artists have been doing it for years. This style armband is shown in Angolia's HJ in the armbands chapter. IMO the one in the book is identical to this one, and having this one in hand there are things about it I don't like. Also it seems there are no period photos of one of these that have been published to my knowledge. Thanks for replying with your thoughts Pat. Hope to have more discussion regarding this item.

I have no conserns with the armband itself . What it is ... is the standard HJ armband style , that problibly has been washed in modern detergent . You all have to remember that in the last few months of the war , the Third Reich was utilizing anything that could be "CLONED" to be put to use towards paramilitary organizations . And yes , that included stamping the Volksturm logo on whatever was available . I`ve even seen this same type of armband material with just the words Deutscher Volksturm written in with an Ink Pen . Value ? ... Personally I would not pay much more than 50 US dollars .

Last edited:
Back