Thanks Received
Hi Everyone,

I'm checking into "Blut und Ehre" HJ belt buckles, and was wondering which kind would be best to buy. By this I mean, steel, aluminum or zinc, or any particular RZM code to look for? I didn't know if one style is early vs mid to late war, or if there are fakes (and I know they're out there) stamped with a RZM code to make them look good (kind of like the RZM 7/2 HJ knives)

Any advice is appreciated!

Rob

hi rob

all hj buckles no matter how they are made come in diff condition , what the buckle is made of does not really mean it will be a nice looking buckle, just go for a buckle that is pleasing to your eye as you are going to spend the most time looking at it, as for fakes they are out there and they do come rzm marked so take care
stu

Hi Teutonic,

Stu is right, just get one that makes you happy. In my experience with other things, if you are not sure about being a fake or not, then just post a few pictures of the item here and I am sure that between all, we will mange to taell you if it is a good one.

for example, I did the same before I bought my scabbard.

Regards

Antonio

Rob

Thats good advice from the guys but let me tell you buckles are VERY addictive! Be warned :laugh:

Nick

In searching for HJ buckles, I came across these two, and was wondering what you guys think:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

both look bad to me from the pics, take real care with these buckles as they have been faked to hell and back

What kind are they supposed to be anyway? I saw the HJ diamond, but other than that, i have no idea. Neither have a makers stamp on the back, so I was kind of curious if they were a fantasy item.

Thanks for the advice

Rob

They look like repro. NPEA buckles. I'm not great with buckles but these don't look the same as some good examples I've seen posted by guys like Chad Williams, he's great with HJ buckles.

hi
these are not really hj buckles but studentenbund buckles they where also worn by some npea students as darin said

ahh...ok, thanks for the "heads up" You learn something everyday. They were listed for about $350 each (US) I don't know if I'm allowed to say what site they were on, but I'll steer clear of them.

Rob

Hi Teutonic,

Stu is right, just get one that makes you happy. In my experience with other things, if you are not sure about being a fake or not, then just post a few pictures of the item here and I am sure that between all, we will mange to taell you if it is a good one.

for example, I did the same before I bought my scabbard.

Regards

Antonio

Oskar Dirlewanger te saluda.

I agree with everyone that the buckles shown are repro NPEA,
the repros come in stamped steel and as of a few years ago there are now cast fakes as well..
there are 2 variations of the original buckle both in die struck aluminum
I will dig them out and post pics this coming week
thanks
Chad

I will share my recently acquired example.....all these buckles were only made by M4/38 (R.S.S. was the only maker to be awarded the contract).
The cast alum. repros are good - but lack of detail and other little giveaways do help in weeding them out.

Here is my authentic example....very hard buckle to find!
Cheers!
Rob

Attachments

Oskar Dirlewanger te saluda.

Greetings to Oskar Dirlewanger? What has Dirlewanger got to do

a. with what Antonio said?
b. with buckles?

Troll posts are so seldom on this forum that they are as obvious as skid marks on a white blanket. If you aren't trolling I'd love to hear your justification for that post....

Back