Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Black DJ buckle

I just came across this black painted two piece belt buckle. I found some of the examples of black buckles that Chad posted several years ago but did not see one like this. What do you guys think. Where the paint is wearing on the edges you can see the brass showing thru. Looks like RZM stamped on the brass connecting the posts.

Attached Images Attached Images

Odd one for sure. From the pictures the paint isn't scratched but the center Sigrune is? Hopefully the buckle guys will chime in and offer a valid opinion.

I am not the expert on buckles, but on this example the sig rune looks strange...

IN A PREVIOUS POST THERE IS SHOWN AT LEAST 5 DIFFERENT CONFIGURATIONS OF THE SIG RUIN a very odd method of attaching the sig ruin also never seen on period buckles before. To say the least very controversial

A case could perhaps be made for this being a buckle originally worn by one of the pre-HJ youth organisations that was subsequently converted to DJ. The method of conversion is strange though and why those letters on the connecting "blob"? Strange one for sure but it could well be a period oddity.

Buckle measures 48mm. Attached more pics. Buckle shows wear on edges. Post is bent or soldered crooked. Paint shows scratches and wear under magnification.

DSCN1049.jpg DSCN1052.jpg DSCN1057.jpg DSCN1053.jpg DSCN1067.jpg

Jeh
    I am really split on my feelings about this buckle. the rune doesn't bother me at all , neither does the box or the claws. What does make me question is the uneven wear between the box and rune, the attachment of the rune and the strange numbers/letters stamped in the blob - the blob itself looks unevenly aged in comparison to the buckle also. I will have to check, but I think I have this buckle in a 2 piece. This may or may not be a case of someone trying to increase the value of a perfectly good variant shape DJ and cash in by selling it as a Blacky.. there seems to be a ton of tiny dents ect in the face of the buckle , and the paint seem to be down in those dents.. could this be indicative of the buckle being painted after use? possibly. I have more questions than I feel comfortable with on this one, but would reserve my final opinion without seeing the buckle and handling it in person. There is much to be said about holding it in your hands and seeing it with your eyes vs a computer screen!

looking at the new pics I feel there is no doubt that it has been painted much later in life as can be seen by the pitting now fill with paint me thinks JO will be all over this one and await his thoughts

An interesting buckle for sure. Very enigmatic! :)
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL AYERST View Post
    IN A PREVIOUS POST THERE IS SHOWN AT LEAST 5 DIFFERENT CONFIGURATIONS OF THE SIG RUIN a very odd method of attaching the sig ruin also never seen on period buckles before. To say the least very controversial
    I would not say that. Have a look at the proportions of the rune. The lower part is not the same size as the upper one. And the lower part also is not inclined as the upper one, but it is flat. That gives it a strange look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast