"Blue" Hitler Youth buckle

Thanks Received
Does anyone have any thoughts about this most peculiar HJ buckle?

A steel example and which is marked /23 (Presumably M4/23 for Dr. Franke und Cie. KG., Lüdenscheid).

The peculiarity of course being the dark blue obverse paint finish which does appear to be period.

Regards,

David

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

In my opinion , I feel that this buckel has been repainted . Normally on well worn belt buckles , you will see original paint retained in the lower deeper areas , opposed to the higher areas , look where there is hardly any paint in the areas just outside of the swastika . But you see allot of paint remaining on the outside base of the buckle itself . I could be wrong but I dont have a good feeling about the paint on this buckle . I think this buckle has been post war collector altered .

Last edited:
Blue= HJ Marine? LOL, no, i guess it looks like dis-colorization to me, seen the same blue patina many times on items that were heavily nickel plated.

I for one have never suggested, promoted or said that Blue=HJ Marine. It is quite simply a steel buckle with a blue/black painted obverse (period or non period is quite academic to myself) toward which I thought was peculiar and perhaps worthy of discussion. No more and no less.

Hi David,

Not to speak for MWF but his "Marine-HJ" comment wasn't directed at you. It was meant humorously and as a dig at items like the membership badges with blue enamel that are described as "Marine-HJ", "Marine-HJ" knives, things like that.

Back