the diamond buckle

Thanks Received
I wanted to show a few buckles and start a discussion about the diamond buckles.. these are sometimes referred to as first pattern studentbund buckles or first pattern NPEA. I believe that these buckles had nothing to do with the NPEA or studentbund, and that in fact these were early HJ buckle.
This is all opinion of course, and there is no known documentation to support or deny my claim.. I do have some great photos courtesy of my friend Christian which show these buckles in wear on normal HJ kids...
please post your thoughts and any additional buckles you hold
thanks
CHad

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

more buckles

Attachments

the boy in the front row second from left s wearing a diamond buckle.. his is a horizontal variant

Attachments

dont have one of these, what i do have is the centre piece that someone sold me as a tinnie, but it is actuall the centre from one of these buckles, also noticed in the pic the boy with the black dj, where both these buckles ysed around the same time, do we have any excact dates , from when they first appeared to when they where stopped

we dont have any dates or documentation on the diamond buckles.. we do know that the dJ buckle was released mid 1933 and ended in 1937 with the HJ taking its place..
I would estimate this photo to be 33-34
how great is that photo though... it has 2 black DJ(35 and 45mm) a regular DJ and the diamond buckle!!
It is my belief that the diamond buckle dates from 31-33 time frame
and like I said before, this is just my opinion..

Fantastic buckles Chad! These have eluded my grasp as well...I'm still hunting!!! I'd love to find just one!
You have a great selection there - and that picture is killer!
Thanks for sharing!

Rob

I believe there are two black seigrune buckles being worn .

Yes there are 2 black dj shown
One is 35 mm and the other is 45 mm
This picture has 3 super rare buckles being worn in it !!!!!

Back