DJ to HJ converted belt buckle

Thanks Received
heres a very nice buckle i stumbled apon and have added it to the collection opinions welcome :001_cool: all other members if you have any please share? (chad has 10 :w00t:)

cheers Ewan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
I have allways wanted one of these converted patterns . Good find Kamerad.

Ewan an amazing example at an amazing price.. I will add some pics of a few of mine tomorrow..
for those of you who these are new to;
the DJ buckle was phased out in 1937 and by early 1938 all HJ and DJ boys were to wear the HJ buckle..
3 companies were allowed to retrofit DJ buckles into HJ buckles in an effort to save the parents money if they chose...
these buckles which are commonly called "HJ conversion buckles" are the result. They were only made for aprox 6 months, and are quite rare..
these commonly sell in the $150-250 here in the US
so your $45 was an amazing deal!!!!
congrats on a great buckle!!!

Last edited:
here are the 3 different eagle designs which exist on HJ DJ conversion buckles
the RZM tasked 3 makers with doing the conversions..
CTD
Overhoff
Assmann

there is still a mystery as 2 of the 3 designs are easily identifiable as Overhoff and Dicke.. but the third design is an unknown design.. I have gone through 200 + HJ buckles in my collection which are standard (non conversion) HJ and I can not find a match to this eagle design.. so if it is Assmann , why would they use a totally new unknown eagle which is not associated with them, nor used again for production???????
we may never know...

Last edited:
1 ---dicke example

Attachments

2- Overhoff example

Attachments

3- unknown eagle ...is this Assmann ???
out of my 10 conversions , 5 are these unknown design..
Assmann was the most prolific maker of HJ buckles..making more than any other maker by far!!

Attachments

heres mine,i remember chad telling me before mine is the maker that is unrecognised.

great fins ewan and in lovely condition too

Attachments

Hi,

I want to you show my converted buckle I found this weekend on the fair in Ciney.

The last two pictures show my 2 dj buckles from Assman.
One in top condition and other converted, also good condition. I love them :001_tt1:

Attachments

I'll add it to my ever-growing wish list... which is so long now I desperately need to win the lotto.. !! :001_tongue:

here are the 3 different eagle designs which exist on HJ DJ conversion buckles
the RZM tasked 3 makers with doing the conversions..
Assmann
Overhoff
Dicke

there is still a mystery as 2 of the 3 designs are easily identifiable as Overhoff and Dicke.. but the third design is an unknown design.. I have gone through 200 + HJ buckles in my collection which are standard (non conversion) HJ and I can not find a match to this eagle design.. so if it is Assmann , why would they use a totally new unknown eagle which is not associated with them, nor used again for production???????
we may never know...

chad this me be a dumb question but could you explain any major diferences (if any) between the, assmann overhoff and dicke eagles please? you could pm if you wanted? just trying to see what one mines is as it arrived today! :thumb:

regards,Ewan

I will post close up images of each for your review.. please give me an hour or so I have to clean the house first :mad2:

Back