does anyone have a special requests ?

Thanks Received
I would like to kick start some new thread activity, and would love to know if anyone has any special requests of a particular type or variation of buckle which you would like to see or discuss.. just reply here and I will see what i can dig out of the collection and get some good threads started..
I already plan on starting the following threads in the near future
1. the 2 piece HJ buckle (non DJ conversion)
2. HJ zinc die struck vs injection molded
3. HJ maker cooperation (A&S/ O&C)
4. HJ strange marking locations

thanks, Chad

hey chad

mybe we can get athread going with maker marks as a lot of the fakes i have seen tend to have bad maker marks or the marks in the wrong place

hmm , how to do this in a easily manageable manner.. maybe we can kill 6 birds with one stone as I already planned on starting a thread with all the known makers of HJ buckles ... so why not start a thread for each maker and everyone can post their examples in there.. I can post all the marking variations.. and the metal types produced by each maker.. its going to be a big long undertaking.. but I think it would be super beneficial to the forum.. what are your thoughts??

sounds good, i would also love a thread showing how many differant materials where used for hj buckles and the differances between them in design and appearance

Have you looked into the Feldbinde for the Amtschef and Gebietsführer much Chad? I understand that quite a few of those around may actually just be silver with a post-war gold finish applied to them? I know of a high-profile collector who had around 10 made and that some of these (although he made absolutely no secret of having had them made up) are now in collections as original items.

Garry
I only have experience in EM buckles.. I have never owned any officers buckles or done any research on them..
an interesting story though..
we should start a thread on it , I would love to know more!!

I would like to know how many manufacturers made the HJ leader buckles .

Joe
I dont collect officer buckles , but I will be more than happy to start a thread on it and hopefully our forum members can help us out with some answers

Back