help wanted for HJ buckle

Thanks Received
Hi - I saw this buckle at an antique store. I thought it unusual, but perhaps it is not. What do you think? It is steel, with the following very thin letters on the back: KHM 4/49 RZM J (relatively large "S" RUNIC) T It has a VERY thin catch and a cheesy prong set up, too. The dealer wants $100 for it which is too high unless it is very rare. Is it rare? Is it genuine? Thanks Bill ps: I have attached a rough sketch of the markings.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi! Sounds like you have a transitional Steinhauer and Luck buckle. It's actually not a sig rune - it's part of the maker's logo: reversed "L" for Ludenscheid, "S" and "T" for Steinhauer. I'm attaching pictures of my M4/49 example. $100 might be on the high end. What is the condition like. I wouldn't say it's a rare buckle...but I always prefer these earlier buckles to the late war examples.
Hope this helps....

Rob

Attachments

Hi! Sounds like you have a transitional Steinhauer and Luck buckle. It's actually not a sig rune - it's part of the maker's logo: reversed "L" for Ludenscheid, "S" and "T" for Steinhauer. I'm attaching pictures of my M4/49 example. $100 might be on the high end. What is the condition like. I wouldn't say it's a rare buckle...but I always prefer these earlier buckles to the late war examples.
Hope this helps....

Rob
I would say it is not in the best of condition. It is steel. The dealer was asking $150, but would take $100. He thinks he is giving it to me for $100! :001_smile: I guess he can keep it until he finds a sucker. Thanks for the info.

Back