Hitler Youth Belt with red felt and denazified buckle

Thanks Received
Just received this belt with denazified buckle.

Belt is marked 2 (size?) and has remains of red felt on the inside (30-40% remains). Adjustable length 70-84 cm.

Denazified aluminium/light metal buckel, marked with RZM in circle and M 4/38. You can still se the swastica on the inside.

Any opinions?

I can make some better photos later.

../henrik

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Funny this would come up today. I just had a dispute about real and unreal buckles and belts, with an expert(sic) today.
As I stated in another thread, at the time, especially the last part of the war, uniforms and accesories were made of just about anything. Also "Beute-uniformen" were used, that were remade, or altered to look like what was then the norm and the branch it was intended for.

I had TWO beltbuckles; one made of steel and issued when i entered the service, and one made of "hardened"? aluminum, which I called my "sunday go to meeting buckle" (loses something in the translation.) The Aluminium one was made by a local dutch factory, stamped after the pattern of the steel originals. The belt was an officers type with one shiny side. Standing in formation, there were several shades of 'feldgrau' to be recognized; depending on where the uniform was made, and from whatever material.
As such there must have been thousands of aftermarket items in use by our troops.
I am glad i am not a collector, must be awfully hard to 65 years after the war determine what was the real item, and what was the fake one.
Especially since there is a factory inPakistan, specializing in re-enactment uniforms, using the same or near-same materials (freshly made), the desired cuts, and . . . . . .even "aged" to look more authentic.
Good luck fellows.
HN

p.s.
If someone went through the trouble to 'denazify" your belt and buckle, i would give it a 99.99% vote to be real.
Servus
HN

Interesting information, thanks.

../henrik

Funny this would come up today. I just had a dispute about real and unreal buckles and belts, with an expert(sic) today.
As I stated in another thread, at the time, especially the last part of the war, uniforms and accesories were made of just about anything. Also "Beute-uniformen" were used, that were remade, or altered to look like what was then the norm and the branch it was intended for.

I had TWO beltbuckles; one made of steel and issued when i entered the service, and one made of "hardened"? aluminum, which I called my "sunday go to meeting buckle" (loses something in the translation.) The Aluminium one was made by a local dutch factory, stamped after the pattern of the steel originals. The belt was an officers type with one shiny side. Standing in formation, there were several shades of 'feldgrau' to be recognized; depending on where the uniform was made, and from whatever material.
As such there must have been thousands of aftermarket items in use by our troops.
I am glad i am not a collector, must be awfully hard to 65 years after the war determine what was the real item, and what was the fake one.
Especially since there is a factory inPakistan, specializing in re-enactment uniforms, using the same or near-same materials (freshly made), the desired cuts, and . . . . . .even "aged" to look more authentic.
Good luck fellows.
HN

More photos of the buckle

More photos of the buckle

../henrik

Attachments

too bad it was de-nazified.

and lucky the inside wasn't part in the de-nazifing period. who knows what trouble we would have, seperating real stuff, from fake ones.

IMO when you find a good rzm stam and or nummber on any item and you find traces of the originals SWAZ on the in/or the outside, you can be almost , bud never ever 100%, sure its a good one.

I saw one at ciney fair, withc , at first inspection could pas the test, but i didn't find any residu of the swaz on it, and so i left it there....:001_rolleyes:

the buckle is 100% good. Guys, dont believe the equation denazified=good : there are plenty of denazified fakes out there, especially on auction sites.

Back