Hitler Youth high leader gold buckle

I hardly interfere when a golden HJ leader's buckle is offered. I had not seen this thread earlier.
These buckles are fantasticly being reproduced in a former Eastern country. But the golden coating
with this one "stinks" like hell. It is much too light. Could be caused by photographing, but I do not
believe this one to be original. Originals I have seen and had myself (a gift from the Dicke concern in
about 1976), do have a much darker appearance, not to speak looking more orange and the highlights
were perfectly polished.

Not much were known in those days and mr. Klietmann told me the golden version never had existed.
Mr. Klietmann never has seen the order however where it first was mentioned: "Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt
des Jugendführers des Deutschen reichs und der Reichsjugendführung der NSDAP", Sonderdruck 7/38 from
September 1938 mentions: "a brocade is to be introduced, which is for leaders with aluminum embroidered
shoulder-straps, woven in aluminum and supplied with an aluminum buckle; leaders with golden embroidered
shoulder-straps, have a golden woven one with a golden-colored buckle". The backing for the brocades was
brown cloth. Later a version appeared with a blue-grey backing for Flieger-HJ leaders and one for leaders
from the Marine-HJ. A version for Flieger-HJ exists in an enormous buckle-collection in Belgium.

What do you all think of this one ?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

This one seems suspiciously well-preserved. Weitze has one at the moment and although I don't have the expertise to say whether his is authentic, it certainly displays convincing levels of wear and degradation. None of that necessarily means anything but it would be really useful to see good pics of one the fakes mentioned by Wim above.

I cannot find the photos about it. But what to say!
When I collected only about four were known in the world, owned
by collecters. I got mine from an employee from Dicke, who worked
at Overhoff.

These days every well-respecting buckle-collector owns one. Isn't that
suspicious? If the buckle is well made from aluminum and/or Leichtmetall
it is easy to have it golden anodized or gilded, when the buckle has no
damages (which is a must). It hardly does cost any money...........

Back