Hitler Youth steel buckle marked RZM 50

Thanks Received
Hello All,
although this is not in the best condition I am sure it must be a genuine buckle?
Any opinions appreciated.

All the best
Doug

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Well, this buckle is a first for me. My first take on this was that it was a reproduction buckle. The catch looks too far inwards and the steel and detail threw me off. But, the more I look at it, the more intrigued I am with it. I have never seen a HJ buckle like this one before. It could well be legit. I would love to hear more about this. Hopefully more opinions can surface with info on this buckle.
Thanks for putting up the pics. Very interesting!
Rob

There's another RZM 50 here Rob: http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f8/hitler-youth-steel-buckle-rzm-50-a-6192/ These do have a good look to them don't they. I have a note here that connects RZM 50 to RS&S (R. Sieper & Söhne, Lüdenscheid). Under the full RZM numbering system they were M4/38. I'm sure that I've seen DJ buckles on the forum with these earlier RZM markings (RZM 72, RZM 50, KH etc) too.

Edit: good thread here where Chad Williams, Jo and Wim Saris were discussing early RZM numbering conventions on buckles. This will where I made that note that I mentioned :)

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f8/hitler-youth-buckle-marked-rzm-3-a-8300/

Thank you both for your input.
the links you point to are quite interesting Garry and very informative.

I have also found an interesting thread about these RZM 50 buckles here:
WAwards

Have a look at this thread and you will find a buckle posted by Chad Williams that carry exactly the same markings as on this buckle...But also note the variant stamping styles of the RZM stamp and the 50 numerals.

The link that Jo has on one of the threads about RZM markings is very enlightening.
It makes me want to go back and revisit the DJ achievement badge I posted this week and discuss the pros and cons of that singular RZM marking.

All the best
Doug

Back