HJ Cross belt

Thanks Received
Hello guys, I would like to buy an original cross belt on the Collector's guild. It looks fine to me but I am afraid of wasting money on fake stuff and I am new to this hobby so could someone examine it and tell me if it's alright?

The ''adjustment clip'' (sorry for my bad English as I don't know how to mention it) is not clearly shown but just see through it edge it looks like the round one like the SA which is correct for HJ. Width is 17mm so it is close to the original's size. Do you discover some unusual things?

Also, I have never bought anything on this site. Payment method is only through credit card. I won't get my funds back if there is anything going wrong. So could guys who have bought things there tell me if it's safe to trade with this vendor?

Thanks a lot.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I don't know belts and buckles very well so I'm not much help there. I have bought items from the Collectors Guild before, and I returned an item once without any problems. I would say that it is safe to deal with them in that regard, I don't think they would keep your money if you are unhappy with an item after you recieve it, as long as it is returned in the condition it arrived to you.

As always don't trust sellers to authenticate items for you, but study the books and learn from those who have more experience or knowledge. It's nice to visit shows also and handle items to get a feel for what "accepted" items look and feel like up close, it's often difficult to tell from photos alone. Others here that collect belts and buckles will be more helpful with the cross strap set up I am sure.

Thanks for your feedback about the Collector's Guild. It is very sad that the cross strap has been sold. Anyway, I don't trust dealers on the quality and whatever. I just want to find clues on pictures. Thanks for your sharing and it reminds me something very important of being a collector.

Here is another version of the cross strap. Is it a DJ one? Do DJ and HJ share the same cross strap? I don't really notice the differences between them except the size. It is marked A. Fisher Berlin 1933. Could anyone supply more information about this version of cross strap?

(The second picture is from WA)

Attachments

Last edited:
I saw an HJ boy wearing this type of cross strap too. The boy who wears this, as you can see in the picture, also wears the summer brownshirt with no shoulder strap on the left. I wonder if this is the early version. So who are the users of this version of cross strap (both HJ and DJ?) and is it used only in the early period? Could somebody help me out?

(Picture form the Wehrmacht-Awards forum)

Attachments

I have never had problems with the Guild , I agree with Daren.....this is a site that you can trust .

I saw an HJ boy wearing this type of cross strap too. The boy who wears this, as you can see in the picture, also wears the summer brownshirt with no shoulder strap on the left. I wonder if this is the early version. So who are the users of this version of cross strap (both HJ and DJ?) and is it used only in the early period? Could somebody help me out?

(Picture form the Wehrmacht-Awards forum)

I got outbid on this picture many time ago :Cry:
Its a press picture from Mangfallbrüke, I have the rest of the serie.

Back