lets get some activity going

Thanks Received
Hello gents
I would like to apologize for my inactivity as of late , my work schedule has been all over the place and I have found little time for buckles.
I would however like to get back to buckles !
does anyone have any requests for new threads to be started?
please let me know
thanks
Chad

Yes , a thread specfically for HJ Leader belts and buckles .

joe this would be great to see but i dont think chad collects hj leader brocades? i could be wrong...

I've only got one to show....no belt to go with it though...Chad? You into leader buckles as well or EM only?

Cheers!

Rob

I only do EM buckles.. have never owned an officers.. Rob can you please start a new thread and post your example?
thanks
Chad

Hi Chad -- Would there be any mileage in a thread on Marine HJ do you think? I've been into HJ's for some time and heard that they were either blue, gold or even a sort of reddish colour almost a copper base --- is there an answer I wonder? Thanks.

Hi Chad -- Would there be any mileage in a thread on Marine HJ do you think? I've been into HJ's for some time and heard that they were either blue, gold or even a sort of reddish colour almost a copper base --- is there an answer I wonder? Thanks.
HI Phil,
We know that there were marine HJ but to my knowledge there has never been found any specific regulation found that stated that the Marine HJ wear any buckle other than the standard HJ buckle. There have been gold painted HJ that have popped up, some that are really convincing of period manufacture and some that look like they were painted yesterday. I always suggest caution in regards to these. I myself hold 2 in my collection; but I didnt pay any more for them then a standard HJ and I have no opinion other than they appear to have been period painted by wear patterns and the type of paint , texture and appearance. If someone is selling a buckle as "HJ Marine" beware as there is yet to be any printed proof of their existence and since all the picture evidence is B&W , we can not discern a gold buckle from a silver buckle form period photographs. I am always happy to start a thread and discussion, but I have to tell you that my opinion is still out on the subject.
thank you
Chad

Great to see you back on the forum Chad. Yes, as you say there are no known regulations stating that the Marine-HJ used anything other than the standard HJ buckle. I just checked and as late as 1943 the RJF regulations show clearly that there had been no changes in the appearance of the HJ buckle. I think it highly unlikely that any were made subsequently.

I always was the opinion that golden HJ buckles were a hoax, no more then that.
Remind it is easy to have gilded a regular HJ buckle. The company of Schumann
from Lüdenscheid has proven this too me in the 1970's with many buckles from
my collection. This was the true reason I stopped buckle collecting. I think all
golden or gilded HJ buckles are post-war products, as nothing indicates there were
plans for such buckle. If the one or the other manufacturer has made some for
approval, is not known too me! Nothing gives reasons to think asbout this!

No regulation mentions this type, nor there is any leafleat or catalogue noting this!
If someone believes he has an original golden HJ buckle, that is his believe. I do
not value any of them!

Back