M4/42 HJ buckle with blue RZM tag

Thanks Received
Can anyone tell me anything about this buckle? I am not a HJ collector and this is the only HJ item I own. It has a blue RZM tag with maker A4. Most buckles I have looked at on line have red RZM tags and "M" makers. I have owned this for more than 40 years so I think it is original. The quality of construction seems very good.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Looks like you haven't had an answer to this one yet. We have a couple of members who are good with these so hopefully they will see the thread.

Hi Wim,

do you mean that the presence of a blue tag is generally a bad sign or that the blue tag was sometimes applied to buckles during the period?

Here an anwer is difficult. The blue tag is for me a red flag for a belt buckle, but in my opinion
it could be possible, when a manufacturer did not have sufficient tags. Correct: officially not!

In the 1936 RZM manufacturings-regulations on pages 166 and 167 the color for tags are being
noted for cloth-insignia. Buckles had red tags.

Note: TA means Textil-Abzeichen, which is the same as A4.

Attachments

Yes, perhaps better to just ignore the tag and concentrate on the buckle itself. The tag looks like it's stuck on and of course it is obscuring the maker's mark at the moment.

Actually the tag is not obscuring the maker's mark. On the back just at the bottom of the HJ swastika, it is marked M4/42.

Ah yes. I see it now. Can you put up a close-up shot of the mark please?

These photos are very high resolution but don't know if it will upload that way. I did not notice until ther closeups there is a logo or something in a circle next to the markings. These are really very tiny.

Attachments

M4/42 is H. Aurich (the circle is the RZM mark). These buckles are considered good by the buckle guys but I'm not one of them so I'll clear the stage and let one of them jump in.

I agree with Wilhelm, these blue tags were not for official use on buckles, but there are known examples of these tags on mint HJ buckles. This leads me to believe that they were used in leu of the proper red tags possibly when the red tags were unavailable. The tags were supplied to the manufacturers by the RZM.. Some of the examples I have in my collection ( with blue tags) have the correct buckle makers ink stamp on the blue tags. Nice buckle, thank you for sharing
Chad

Back