Please login to view user info
    just amazing

Thank´s Albrecht....

Very nice!!!Thanks for sharing!
    Rob

Were you the first one to open the wrapped buckle from the time that it was wrapped in the factory ?

I thought there was always a separate place for the Hersteller to stamp their number? I dunno, it looks like it was made last week? W.Saris would know about this, he used to have a huge collection of Belt buckles. I know nothing about them, but for some reason, whenever i see something that looks like it was made yesterday, i always have my reservations. If it is real, then its surely in Top notch condition for sure

@ Joe
    I´m not the first......

@ Metallwarenfabrik
    The belt buckle is from a "Hortfund" in Austria

here a Pic....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Walhall View Post

@ Metallwarenfabrik
    The belt buckle is from a "Hortfund" in Austria
    Lord, two words that make me RUN, 1.Hortfund 2.Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    ... I dunno, it looks like it was made last week? ... I know nothing about them, but for some reason, whenever i see something that looks like it was made yesterday, i always have my reservations. ...
    Right Jo, I did have the same gut feeling.
    But I also don't know much about HJ RZM companies and different RZM tags as they can be seen on the Austria Hortfund picture.
    And as long as one can't proof that it is a fake a gut feeling is not a good point of evidence. That is why I did not say anything.

By the way, Brian: Does the paper glow under blacklight? I hope for you, that this buckle is real, because it does look very beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by christianlohmann View Post
    a gut feeling is not a good point of evidence.
    Let me explain my view point of the above statement, Firstly, i dont believe in Hoards, Hortfunde, anything of that sort at all. For me, its a Fairy tale to introduce a few more boxes of 60-70s repros that were the "in thing" then. My view on Austria is simple. Of course German makers (in west Germany) were making illegally as well, but nowhere near on the scale of Austrian makers â–¬ due to a loop-hole in the Austrian law, it was Legal to make these items FOR EXPORT, and export they did, ten-thousands- of the same item each year, for many Decades, all around the world. (there was certainly a UK and USA repro business as well, but hard to determine if the items offered in the USA/UK at that time were exported in bulk from Austria and then simply mailed around the world again through the USA and UK catalog repro dealers or if there was an actual Production-market in the USA/UK at that time on the same scale as in Europe)

So knowing the above, coupled with common logic, some Math and my gut feeling, i would not be prepared to purchase any item in this condition, and especially not from a hoard find, and most definitely not when it it said to have come from Austria.

Gut feelings will differ, as will the fairy tale of these hoard finds, which have not ceased since 1946..and we are now in 2012. I have been around old things all my life, both my parents were Antique dealers, (in the days before color TV) so i have a good gut feeling when it comes to the age of a certain thing, and that is what makes up my gut feeling. For me, the Hoard dream is a fools one, that has, and continues to blind many collectors, it automatically makes it seem real, and as soon as that Hoard is sprinkled between the community members, each one having a little piece of that famous Hoard, that Famous hoard automatically becomes authentic, with none of the community members even daring to question the fact that it might just have been a set-up.

But i have said here already that i would have no idea about the buckle as such, because i have never owned one, so i cant by any means call it out to be a fake, and i am not even doing that really, just telling you why i would not want it in my house. BUT, it would be nice to see a few more knowledgeable collects comment on why it is NOT a fake, maybe with a few reasons as well, as to why it is "Amazing" and to why its real. That would be good for new collectors wanting to purchase one, maybe more are available from this hoard? (certainly a few more boxes?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast