Possible early RZM 4/39 Hitler Youth buckle

Thanks Received
Here is RZM 4/39 marked HJ Assman made Nash's book says it is a earlier one. What do you guys think I am fairly new to HJ and growing to like it. youthman

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nice buckle. 100% original. Looks like it might be made of brass under nickel.

Hello,
an original Assmann for sure- it is not an early buckle though. The M4 code system was actually the last marking system to be used. Before this there were the following:
1. unmarked
2. company names and logos
3. company logo / name with RZM code (M1 series)
4. RZM code alone (M1 series)
5. UE and KH RZM codes
6. RZM M4 codes

also, this buckle is a steel buckle with nickel plating. They found that the nickel would not stick well to the steel by itself so they would copper/brass plate the steel buckle first then plate the nickel on top of the copper/brass- this is what you see under the nickel, put a magnet to the buckle and you will see that the box is made from steel though.
thanks for sharing

Very cool to hear that the metal was first plated with brass/copper. I never thought of the magnet test....totally makes sense.

By the way: Very nice to see you back from your hiatus Chad! You've been missed buddy! :) I must admit that I too have had much on my plate lately and have not been too active. :(

Welcome back buddy! Cheers!

Rob

Rob
great to be back! and good to see that you are still here too! we need to catch up offline ;) drop me a PM or an email!
Chad

Thank you Chad ....Its good to have a member that knows buckels . Your a true asset to our forum .

Rob
great to be back! and good to see that you are still here too! we need to catch up offline ;) drop me a PM or an email!
Chad

You bet buddy! Just need to find some time! :)
Got your other pm....will get back to you shortly my friend!
Cheers!
Rob

Back