Small, early HJ buckle

Thanks Received
Buy our not.! Seller sayes it’s erly HJ buckle in bass meterial.
No markermark. ?

need some help on this one!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Fischer42

If the price is OK, I would buy it. It is a buckle used by early HJ, called "NSDAP Youth Buckle"

I have enclosed 4 pics, so you can se mine, just to compare with the one you are looking at - pic 1 is just to compare the size, as it is smaller than normal byckles.

I hope, that this can help you to take a decision.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Hi again

Just found this pic in one of my books, showing the buckle in wear.

Attachments

Hej Michael, Nice tak. Han forlanger 160 €. Er det sjældent.

Best
Andreas

Hi Andreas

I can see that you are from Denmark just like me, BUT we better stick to the English language which is the only language used on this forum - you see, there could bee one or two :lol: who do not understand Danish.

You do not see these buckles so often, but they are around. Price is a difficult matter, it is not always easy to value an item, the price you are ready to pay depends also upon how much you want to have the item. But I can say that I would not pay EUR 160 for one of these buckles. BUT that just my own opinion.

If you want it really much and want it now, then you have to pay.

Maybe not so much help, but at least you have my opinion.

I would be very careful about the buckle in post 1. To me it looks too new to be original, and I am mainly taking about the reverse.
There are no common traces of use on the reverse there, the metal around the splint looks unused, thin and has sharp edges.
The two prongs -Dornen- look unused too. The silverish solder (looks almost like tin-solder -Lötzinn-) looks also very new.
So I am just shouting out a "heads up", since I fell for rare buckles from my field of collecting in the past, and so I am a lot more careful now.

Christian, this is better right.! Youth before HJ i was told.

Attachments

Interesting. So was this SA buckle the official one for the youth until 1933 when the standard HJ buckle was introduced? Is that something to do with the period when the HJ was under SA control in 1932?

The pic in post 3 is form 1934 - and as far as I know, this buckle was used op to 1933/early 1934.

Below a copy from the original Assmann Katalog - se top row nr. 2 from left, where the buckle is called "21429 HJ/35 mm" and what I think is important, we have the "normal" HJ buckle on the same page !

So now we have a period proof, that the smal buckle also was called a HJ buckle.

And I am not convinced that the buckle in post 1 is a copy, I think that the missing signs of much wear on the backside could be because the backside has been protected by the belt. BUT to make at definitiv 100% conclusion I have to have the buckle in my hand.

Attachments

The pic in post 3 is form 1934 - and as far as I know, this buckle was used op to 1933/early 1934.

Below a copy from the original Assmann Katalog - se top row nr. 2 from left, where the buckle is called "21429 HJ/35 mm" and what I think is important, we have the "normal" HJ buckle on the same page !

So now we have a period proof, that the smal buckle also was called a HJ buckle.

And I am not convinced that the buckle in post 1 is a copy, I think that the missing signs of much wear on the backside could be because the backside has been protected by the belt. BUT to make at definitiv 100% conclusion I have to have the buckle in my hand.

Great info, many thanks!

And 160 euro is way to much...you can find a nice small one for 50-60 Euro.

Greetings from Sweden :)

Back