Is an uncrossed Z (RZM) the sign of a fake?

Thanks Received
pretty sure this has been talked about before can not find it. i have a friend that thinks that hj rzm marked buckles without the line throught the z are fake. is this true?

No it is not true, I think Wilhelm will have some regulation information to address this more thoroughly. But on a side note, just because something is marked out of regulation , does not mean that it is not original. There are many known originals that were improperly marked by the manufacturers ( backwards R in RZM.. extra slashes in markings (M/4/55 & M/4/27) .. double maker markings...)

thank you if there is more info on this i would like to know where so i can educate myself

thank you if there is more info on this i would like to know where so i can educate myself
Hallo Keith
This is a topic that i covered on about 100 pages in my book which will be released next summer. Although it is specifically related to the RZM logos and marks found on small badges and not buckles, it will translate across the board for the periods late 33 to mid 35 and after through to 1945.

Your friend possibly has one of the old "reference" books in mind that say for example that uncross Z`s in the logo mean its fake, or that a one circled RZM is fake etc....

Back