Bann 155 Kreuzberg-Mitte

Thanks Received
Wondering if anyone has any information on the leadership and organization of this regiment, particularly in the final year of the war.

Unrelated question: does anyone know how HJ were transported? Did they ride in trucks like soldiers or were they expected to arrive at their destinations on their own?

according to my information, from 1942 until the end of the war, the leadership leader for "(3) Gebiet Berlin" was Oberbannführer Bayer.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
You need to be more specific : Transported where ?

From my own boyscout experance in the early 1970s a group of lets say 200 boys would be divided up into (squads) or dens , I was in Den 3 of Pack 155 of the Cherokee District.
So aprox 12 boys would either walk or ride there bycicles to one of the boys parents homes for our weekly boyscout meeting . Once a month all the Dens would all meet at the local highschool Gym for a Pack meeting ... At the pack meetings depending on location , our parents would give us a ride or we could take a bus . Once or Twice a year , We would have a District Campout called a Jamboree or (Scout-A-Rama) . All the Packs in the Northern area of my State (aprox 3000 boys) would then converge for a 3 to 4 day event where we had campouts /competitions ( running , wrestling , archery , soccer ), sing songs , go on hikes , swim and even cook .
At these events we utilized local Buses for transporation to and from this event that usually was around 75 miles from my home . However when we went on hikes we would usually have a competition on how far we could march before taking a water break , The hikes were usually from 5 to 12 miles .

I assume the the Hitlerjugend had simular modes of transportation , as most forms of scouting are simular around the world with the exception of Political indoctrination instilled in Nazi Germany , Fascist Italy and Communist Russia of the time period .

Last edited:
Specifically I mean transportation to the places they were assigned to defend in the last days of the war. I've seen footage of HJ on bicycles but I find it hard to believe that when heavy fighting came to Germany that they didn't have adequate transportation in the form of trucks or something.

In the last weeks of the war ... Any combatant used WHATEVER means available .. At that time they most problibly marched to the front lines .

Specifically I mean transportation to the places they were assigned to defend in the last days of the war. I've seen footage of HJ on bicycles but I find it hard to believe that when heavy fighting came to Germany that they didn't have adequate transportation in the form of trucks or something.

As strange as it may sound, the Panzervernichtungsbrigade Hitler-Jugend was officially equipped with bicycles.

Back