Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Interesting yet very sobering. Reminds me of the rape anecdote detailed in Allerberger's book "Sniper On The Eastern Front". Very horrible. Thankyou for sharing this information.

Joe

Thats a very moving story.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Nick

Thanks everyone .

I have a few more stories that I will post in the near future.

I figure , if we do not write down what has been told to us from the history of past generations then the history will be lost to future generations.

Very true Joe. Looking forward to hearing more. My girlfriend's grandmother and family were among those chased back into the Reich from Ostpreussen as the Russians advanced. Both she and her husband (also from Ostpreussen) still have a bit of a problem with Russians today after what they saw and experienced during that trek. A bit irrational of course as it's like blaming young Germans for the war but hey, they lived through hell so I'm not about to judge them.

Thanks Joe and Garry for what you have just told us.

My girlfriend's Grandmother also was one of the victims of the Russians, she was back the 12 or 13 so... unfortunatelly, that is life. But we have to admire those German women who suffered this pain BUT fought back and hard after the war to rebuild their country and their society in peace.

Regards

Antonio

Many BDM girls joined combat units of HJ within the Volkssturm to help with medical support, food prep etc and were trained on how to use panzerfaust, grenades and pistols.

I bet there were some unrecorded individual acts of heroism by these girls !

Nick

i AM SURE THAT DID HAPPEN was looking at one of my books the other night and it showed several nurses with EK2 ribbons

PAUL

Cool! I wonder if any had wound badges !

Nick

ACTUALLY YES THERE WAS A WOUND BADGE and ribbons for winter in RUSSIA

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL AYERST View Post
    ACTUALLY YES THERE WAS A WOUND BADGE and ribbons for winter in RUSSIA

Paul
    I would love to see who these girls were !

Do you know of any pictures or documentation Paul?

Nick

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast