Early HJ Bannführer

Thanks Received
Hello,

here are some questions to my Bannführer project

-which is the right Belt for an early Bannführer,an simple Zweidornschnalle or can i give him a belt with the round buckle for HJ-Führer ?
-had a Bannführer an HJ-Knife on his belt ?
-from what year were carried Traditions Triangels,and was OST/KURMARK even a Traditions Gau ?
-is the paspelierung on the Schirmmütze the same at the Shoulderboards ?

thanks Andreas

HJ Bannfuhrer would wear a standard round buckel for an HJ Officer with black belt for everday functions and a brocade belt for dress.

The traditions triangle was not a Gau or Gebiet decoration at all, but rather was an individual decoration that signified the wearer had been a member of the H.J., DJ, BDM, JM, or other NSDAP organizations continuously before January 30th 1933 regardless of rank or of function. It was introduced by the Reichsjugendfurhrer Baulder von Shriach on July 28th 1934. It was not permitted to be worn earlier than the 1934 Party Day Rally, and only by participants in the rally at that time. For other eligible members it was allowed to be worn on September 30th 1934. This is only a brief description of the Traditionsarmabzeichen from the book "Hanbook of the Hitlerjugend" by Wilhelm Saris. Wim is a member here and I am sure he and Garry can expand upon what I have posted.

HJ Bannfuhrer would wear a standard round buckel for an HJ Officer with black belt for everday functions and a brocade belt for dress.

are you sure that the belt was black ? In the Book "die Uniformen der Braunhemden" from 1934 it means the belt and Schulterriemen was brown.

are you sure that the belt was black ? In the Book "die Uniformen der Braunhemden" from 1934 it means the belt and Schulterriemen was brown.

Hi Andreas,

That's right, the standard HJ belt was brown first and then black from 1.1.1937: http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f8/belt-buckle-set-7498/#post52383

By 'early', I assume you are looking at the period between July 1933 and April 1936 when the Oberbann colours were discontinued. During that period the belt worn by the Bannführer was the standard brown version that was worn by all ranks. The shoulder boards for a Bannführer during his period were white with the braid (Paspel) in the Oberbann colour appropriate to the wearers location (Bannführer in staff appointments wore red boards with white piping). The early Bannführer would also have had the Oberbann colour on headwear (with white Besatzstreifen).

As Darin says, the Traditionsarmabzeichen was awarded to those who were members of the HJ, BdM, DJ and JM on the 30th of Jan 1933 so this was a personal award and was not connected to a Gau.

A Bannführer from this period wore the HJ/DJ Fahrtenmesser. It was worn at the front left until 2.5.1934 when it was moved to the left hip position: http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f31/position-hj-knife-moved-front-left-belt-left-hip-7009/

many thanks for all the good and quick answers.

The last question that i have is about the buttons,brown leather buttons or silver metall buttons ?

thanks Andreas

Brown leather buttons on the Waffenrock Andreas. The Bannführer at this time was permitted to wear the brown Breecheshose and black Schaftstiefel with the Waffenrock.

and here is the result,HJ Bannführer Ost/Kurmark from Bann 52 Cottbus/Lübben/Spremberg

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Awesome ... Sehr Gut ! Kar98 . I have a few 1/6 scale HJ figures myself .

Back