Großes Militärwaisenhaus Potsdam shoulderstraps

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
From Ebay. Somebody (I hope someone from this forum) got a hell of a good deal :yo: .
I was going to bid but I fell asleep:cursing:.

They sold for 67 Euro :frusty:.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

That's a bargain, in my opinion. The photos are not quite clear, but the embroidery seems to be okay.
This is anyway not as with the fake shoulder-straps that were made as a souvenir for the former members.
A matching pair is hard to find! This is the second matching pair I have seen in many, many years.

Falling asleep is not good when bidding, joecool.

Here you can see the difference with the embroidery: at left fake; at right as the actual
original shoulder-straps.

Thanks for the explanation on the picture uploads Garry.

Attachments

Wim is having problems with the uploading of images to the forum so he asked me to add the following pictures of MWP straps from the Heinrich K. Collection to the thread:

Many thanks Wim :thumb:

Attachments

Nice, the bargains are still out there.. few & far between, but they are there.

amazing where they on ebay germany or ebay usa never saw them. :canada1

Ebay DE Paul. Pays to keep an eye out there, but there is much competition. People bid early and often and a good amount of shill bidding IMO. Sniper software is the way to go when going after items for me. I decide max price and put a snipe bid in during the last seconds of the auction.

Hi,

it's good sometimes not to have a clue about things. Since I do not know anything about distinction of fake/original shoulder boards, my judgement is usually dictated by belly feeling. And I tell you - with NO chance I would have classified these as originals!
I stick with the ropes I learned and know.

Daniel

Back