Gypsy children excluded from the Hitler Youth

Thanks Received
In May 1942, the "Jugendführer des Deustchen Reichs" ordered that gypsy children were no longer to be used for the Jugenddienstpflicht.

"Youth service ["Jugenddienstpflicht"] of gypsy children.

... gypsy and gypsy hybrids[?] are not used for youth service.

Excluded are gypsy hybrids with predominantly German blood, with parents identified as socially adapted by the Reichskriminalpolizeiamt Berlin C 2, Werderscher Markt 5/6.

Regarding "Jugenddienstpflichtiger" that are not known as gypsy or gypsy hybrids, but according to their look, immoral and habits should be regarded as such, the competent judicial police headquarters has to be asked for information."

[I'm not sure if "hybrids" is the correct translation of "Mischlinge"]

Document from: DigAM digitales archiv marburg

The words "Zigeuner" and "Gipsy/Gypsy" might not be political correct.

"Zigeuner" was a common word used in Germany for different travelling people, such as Romani/Roma and Sinti.

../henrik

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
In the old Forum, someone commented on this dark boy. Maybe he was a "Zigeuner"?

(Students at one of the Reichs-Finanz- Schulen 1941-1942)

../henrik

Attachments

The boy in Question looks to be of Middle Eastern desent .
Or mabye he just has a suntan .

mischlinge was often used to define those with some jew relative in the family. I would translate it as "mixed" in my language,but I am not sure for english :)
Interesting document

'Part-Jews' were not excluded from the ranks of the HJ so that could be another possibility for this boy. It was possible for mixed-race Jewish children to be admitted into the ranks of the HJ (but not into the Stamm-HJ).

Regulations from 1940 and 1941 describe the situation regarding Jews in the HJ and according to those regulations this boy (if he is indeed part-Jewish) could be 'mixed-race grade 2' Jewish (1/4 Jewish) or indeed 'mixed-race grade 1' Jewish (1/2 Jewish) because the law to remove 1/2 Jewish members from the HJ was was introduced around the time the photo was taken. Grade 2 Jewish children were permitted after this point but were excluded from the Stamm-HJ.

there's a very interesting book I have here on the subject. It's entitled "Hitler's jewish soldiers". I think they made a documentary as well on history channel

Yes, the law which removed 1/2 Jewish children from the HJ also removed 1/2 Jewish men from the Wehrmacht. It looks like it was a balancing act. Keep all of those we possibly can for the war effort and only get rid of those we really have to...

I dunno why Cemifor is pointing out the dark boy in that pic. It seems to be a common misconception that the Nazi regime was strictly white only. There were Indians, asians, Serbians in the German military. Such cases are well documented.
Sure, they were terribly prejudiced against many groups such as Jews, homosexuals, communists, so called degenerate artists etc etc, but they were not a white only organisation.

True Pat. They conscripted all sorts of folks, they had to due to the scale of the war they were trying to wage. Germany did not have nearly enough men.

Are you trying to imply that if they had enough white men, they wouldn't have used these others? If so, I would beg to differ. They didn't seem to have a beef with non whites, they thought the roots of the "aryan race" was in Tibet.
I don't wanna discuss their phoney baloney race doctrine seriously because it is not sensible and doesn't deserve it, but I think that discussing the role of non whites in Nazi life is a valid discussion. Please feel free to pull me up if you disagree.

Last edited:
No not at all Pat. All forms of races and nationalities served Germany during the war, that is well documented.

That is a fact and I am sure that many (thousands) of HJ werent that "race pure" as some claimed. We could see that even in the SS, where at the beginning the race was ultra important and then they left themselves go.

As example of foreingers being part of the German Army... a few Spanish soldiers. I am surprise because in the picture, they are dressed correctly, we were famous for fighting and also for our lack of discipline (I really try hard, sometimes).

This pic belongs to a Football game in Berlin between Spanish Volunteers and german members of the Wehrmacht. Result 1-1.

proxy.php

Saludos

Antonio

There is even a photo of a dutch waffen ss member of Indonesian descent.I saw it before i will try and find it

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some great photos on the link. I can only imagine the look on some G.I.'s face as he came upon some of these troops in Normandy.

Brilliant link!!!

Thanks for showing. Very interesting. It looks really weird an asian in German uniform!!

REgards

Antonio

'Part-Jews' were not excluded from the ranks of the HJ so that could be another possibility for this boy. It was possible for mixed-race Jewish children to be admitted into the ranks of the HJ (but not into the Stamm-HJ).

Regulations from 1940 and 1941 describe the situation regarding Jews in the HJ and according to those regulations this boy (if he is indeed part-Jewish) could be 'mixed-race grade 2' Jewish (1/4 Jewish) or indeed 'mixed-race grade 1' Jewish (1/2 Jewish) because the law to remove 1/2 Jewish members from the HJ was was introduced around the time the photo was taken. Grade 2 Jewish children were permitted after this point but were excluded from the Stamm-HJ.

What is the Stamm-HJ ? Is this the specialized units of HJ? If so why were they excluded?

Nick

Nick

I think many differant races were drawn to fighting for Germany because they were the only country standing up to the communists.

steiner

Last edited by a moderator:
gentlemen be very careful what we say this forum is not a venue for racial comments of any sort. Comment like the one I just edited are forum killers the kind of thing groups are just waiting to see or hear in order to attack the hobby

PAUL

Last edited:
Back