Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Are you trying to imply that if they had enough white men, they wouldn't have used these others? If so, I would beg to differ. They didn't seem to have a beef with non whites, they thought the roots of the "aryan race" was in Tibet.
    I don't wanna discuss their phoney baloney race doctrine seriously because it is not sensible and doesn't deserve it, but I think that discussing the role of non whites in Nazi life is a valid discussion. Please feel free to pull me up if you disagree.
    Last edited by PatBateman; 5th July 2009 at 05:10 AM. Reason: clarifying

No not at all Pat. All forms of races and nationalities served Germany during the war, that is well documented.

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    No not at all Pat. All forms of races and nationalities served Germany during the war, that is well documented.
    That is a fact and I am sure that many (thousands) of HJ werent that "race pure" as some claimed. We could see that even in the SS, where at the beginning the race was ultra important and then they left themselves go.

As example of foreingers being part of the German Army... a few Spanish soldiers. I am surprise because in the picture, they are dressed correctly, we were famous for fighting and also for our lack of discipline (I really try hard, sometimes).

This pic belongs to a Football game in Berlin between Spanish Volunteers and german members of the Wehrmacht. Result 1-1.

Saludos

Antonio

There is even a photo of a dutch waffen ss member of Indonesian descent.I saw it before i will try and find it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by patrick1974; 5th July 2009 at 07:29 PM.

We're straying from HJ discussion, but check this link. Then I'll go back to talking HJ
    Alvin's Wehrmacht Homepage - OstBattalion43 - Wartime Picture Gallery - Asiatic soldiers in German service during WW2

There are some great photos on the link. I can only imagine the look on some G.I.'s face as he came upon some of these troops in Normandy.

Brilliant link!!!

Thanks for showing. Very interesting. It looks really weird an asian in German uniform!!

REgards

Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    'Part-Jews' were not excluded from the ranks of the HJ so that could be another possibility for this boy. It was possible for mixed-race Jewish children to be admitted into the ranks of the HJ (but not into the Stamm-HJ).

Regulations from 1940 and 1941 describe the situation regarding Jews in the HJ and according to those regulations this boy (if he is indeed part-Jewish) could be 'mixed-race grade 2' Jewish (1/4 Jewish) or indeed 'mixed-race grade 1' Jewish (1/2 Jewish) because the law to remove 1/2 Jewish members from the HJ was was introduced around the time the photo was taken. Grade 2 Jewish children were permitted after this point but were excluded from the Stamm-HJ.
    What is the Stamm-HJ ? Is this the specialized units of HJ? If so why were they excluded?

Nick

Nick

I think many differant races were drawn to fighting for Germany because they were the only country standing up to the communists.

steiner
    Last edited by Garry; 18th October 2009 at 11:29 AM.

gentlemen be very careful what we say this forum is not a venue for racial comments of any sort. Comment like the one I just edited are forum killers the kind of thing groups are just waiting to see or hear in order to attack the hobby

PAUL
    Last edited by Paul Ayerst; 18th October 2009 at 01:57 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast