Please login to view user info

Help with Bann number on name tag .

I bought an MHJ collar bib with the MHJ pullover blouse awhile ago . Both were named with a cloth tag but I could not see the Bann number . The name tag was folded and sewn down . I could tell that a Bann number was underneath but could not make it out so I undid 1/3 of the threads to see the section that showed the Bann number . The Bann number is 177 or 199 .... Unfortunatly the sewing went through the numbers at the top , so it is a bit hard to make out .....I am leaning to 177 . I did this to restore the MHJ blouse to it`s former Bann with the correct Gebiet triangle .

What do you think ?

Attached Images Attached Images

IMO it's 177 Joe. The nine has a different shape to the bottom, more rounded and with a "ball" on the end sort of.

Thanks Daren , Bann 177 That would make the Gebiet "Mitte Sachsen".

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    IMO it's 177 Joe. The nine has a different shape to the bottom, more rounded and with a "ball" on the end sort of.
    Last edited by joecool; 17th September 2015 at 06:21 AM.

I also see it as Bann 177 - which is PIRNA, a city near Dresden. And as Joe says it is in Gebiet Mitte Sachsen.

This information I have found in Wilhelm Saris book " Handbook of the Hitler-Jugend". The book contains 784 pages of fantastic knowledge about HJ.

Michael

The information is also here for our Gold members:

Bann number lists - Area triangle lists - Hitler Youth Militaria Collector Forum

However, "Jungbannfähnlein"? That doesn't make any sense.

hello Joe!
    i can read 177 too on this nice tag.
    bertl

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    The information is also here for our Gold members:

Bann number lists - Area triangle lists - Hitler Youth Militaria Collector Forum

However, "Jungbannfähnlein"? That doesn't make any sense.
    Yes that is strange to see.