Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
It is the stuff of nightmares - but would anyone have envisaged the horror and sheer madness of the concentration camps before we saw the result?
I can tell you from experience that in 1945 my own father was incandescent with rage as the truth emerged..... My view is that the Master Plan (long term) was to destroy the entirity of the whole slav population, millions upon millions, replacing the geographical area with breeding stock from approved Nordic races, it did sort of half-start in Norway did it not? The 'products' from Norwegian girls and German soldiers were highly prized and shipped into Germany. I suspect that several thousand English girls would have been used as breeding stock to, in time, repopulate Eastern Europe. Which, for me, is where the HJ come in - I suspect they would have been so indoctrinated with this madness that from being obedient 'kids in shorts' they would grow into the monsters who would implement and oversee this population production. I look into the obedient faces of HJ boys and girls (those aged 14-17) and I see the impending future - Tomorrow Belongs To Me with a vengeance. I am more than ashamed to wish I could have seen how this might have panned out, the madness of it all on a colossal stage.
No, that isn't true, of course it isn't, but I wish there was a computer programme that could simulate What Might Have Been. The HJ Training Manuals give no direct proof of how the youngsters' political and racial minds were being subordinated but they were - SS Guards don't appear from nowhere, not in such numbers. How many concentration camp guards had been not just in the HJ but leaders in that movement? And my experience of the Germans, still, is that they are very compliant and obedient. In the 1950s I was in a position of authority over some detachments in the German uniformed organisation (GSO) and, bloody hell, they did as they were told!
It is such a cliche, that Germanic obedience is disbelieved but I lived in Germany long enough to see how such a Master Plan could have been at least attempted.
Sorry..... I'm going on, but I find the whole edifice of the HJ Movement quite fascinating, like observing a laboratory experiement that was cut short.
Cheers! ROBERT
I believe Scandinavia was setteled by tribes from Germany originally and thats where the nordic race started.
Yes you are right about the English girls being used as breeding stock paricularly the blond, blue eyed English girls.

This thread is a very good discussion

Nick

Nick