Thanks Received
Quotes and Sayings

Jungvolk Oath (taken by ten-year-old boys on first entering the Hitler Youth)

In the presence of this blood banner which represents our Führer, I swear to devote all my energies and my strength to the savior of our country, Adolf Hitler. I am willing and ready to give up my life for him, so help me God.

Pledge of Allegiance

I promise to do my duty in love and loyalty to the Führer and our flag.

Hitler Youth 'Prayers' (modeled after the Lord's Prayer)

Adolf Hitler, you are our great Führer. Thy name makes the enemy tremble. Thy Third Reich comes, thy will alone is law upon the earth. Let us hear daily thy voice and order us by thy leadership, for we will obey to the end and even with our lives. We praise thee! Heil Hitler!

Führer, my Führer, give me by God. Protect and preserve my life for long. You saved Germany in time of need. I thank you for my daily bread. Be with me for a long time, do not leave me, Führer, my Führer, my faith, my light, Hail to my Führer!

Mottos for Boys

Live Faithfully, Fight Bravely, and Die Laughing!

We were born to die for Germany!

You are nothing--your Volk is everything!

Motto for Girls

Be Faithful, Be Pure, Be German!

Sayings of Hitler Youth Leader Baldur von Schirach

We do not need intellectual leaders who create new ideas, because the superimposing leader of all desires of youth is Adolf Hitler.

Your name, my Führer, is the happiness of youth, your name, my Führer, is for us everlasting life.

He who serves Adolf Hitler, the Führer, serves Germany, and whoever serves Germany, serves God.

Quotes of Adolf Hitler

I begin with the young. We older ones are used up. We are rotten to the marrow. We are cowardly and sentimental. We are bearing the burden of a humiliating past, and have in our blood the dull recollection of serfdom and servility. But my magnificent youngsters! Are there any finer ones in the world? Look at these young men and boys! What material! With them, I can make a new world. This is the heroic stage of youth. Out of it will come the creative man, the man-god.

When an opponent declares, 'I will not come over to your side,' I say calmly, 'Your child belongs to us already...What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing but this new community'.

...Knowledge would spoil my young people. I prefer that they learn only what they pick up by following their own play instinct. But they must learn self-control. I will have them master the fear of death through the most difficult trials. That is the heroic stage of youth. Out of it will grow the stage of the free man, a human being who is the measure and center of the world.

The German youth must be slender and supple, fast as a greyhound, tough as leather, and hard as Krupp steel. He must learn to do without, to endure criticism and injustice, to be reliable, discreet, decent, and loyal.

Back