HJ Staff Adjutant insigina questions .

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
I have 2 questions about this insignia

It is for an HJ Adjutant .

My question is : ...........Would Hitlerjugend members that wore this insignia also be members of the Gebiet staff (the ones that had the letter "G" on there shoulderstraps above the number} ?
I would assume so since this is a staff insignia .

Also ...........would this insignia only have been worn by an HJ Leader (Gefolgschaftfuhrer an above or was it possable for a lower ranked Hitleryouth to have been an adjutant ?

[picture borrowed from the internet , I will take it down if the owner of this insignia tells me to]

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Hi Joe,

Up to and including the Gebiet level there were HJ adjutant positions as follows:

Adjutant to the Stammführer / Jungstammführer. The rank range for the adjutant at this level was: Kameradschaftsführer to Oberscharführer

Adjutant to the Bannführer / Jungbannführer. The rank range for the adjutant at this level was: Scharführer to Hauptgefolgschaftsführer

Adjutant to the Gebietsführer. The rank range for the adjutant at this level was: Obergefolgschaftsführer to Bannführer

Note: prior to May the 1st 1938 there was also an adjutant at the Unterbann level. On that date the Unterbann was redesignated and was then known as the HJ Stamm (for the DJ: Jungstamm).

Thank you Garry .
Would these adjutants have worn Gebiet staff shoulderstraps ? The Crimson colored ones with the "G" above the Gebiet number ?

Thank you Garry .
Would these adjutants have worn Gebiet staff shoulderstraps ? The Crimson colored ones with the "G" above the Gebiet number ?

Only one of them Joe: Adjutant to the Gebietsführer. Rank range for this adjutant: Obergefolgschaftsführer to Bannführer. The other Adjutant positions were on the Bannstab and lower so wouldn't have worn Gebiet staff straps.

Back