Irregular HJ

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
I thought it would be interesting to see just how many photos and pictures we can find showing HJ/DJ/BDM and JM wearing irregular stuff or wearing regular stuff irregularly - if you know what I mean :)

Here are some I found in old books:

1. Massive Bann numbers on the shoulder strap of the boy at the left. Can't get enough swastikas on the right.

2. Different swastika on the armband in the foreground. Armband slipping far left.

3. Boys of DJ age wearing HJ armband and straps. Check out the armband second from right.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Great photos Garry and you can see in the early days that regulation was not all that btw the old style black ss kepi is nice too

How about this youngun.....

Attachments

His dad must have sewn that rune on after
a ten hour session down the pub :thumbup: The sirt looks almost white but I imagine that's just the photo.

Any more pics to be shown here?

I am really curious to see. I have many pics (thanks to many of you guys) and will look into them to see if i find anything like you have posted.

thanks and keep going... bitte, bitte!!!

Regards

Antonio

Yes garry thats what i thought :D the shirt does look white in the picture would it be a BDM blouse ?

Looks like the cut of a standard shirt to me Steve.

Yes Antonio, please do post any pics you have like this. I'll have another look through my books for some more too.

Here's a girl wearing an interesting buckle. Quite what is going on in the second photo I'm not sure. Two membership badges and a party armband. Strange black strip on the cuff. Anyone any ideas?

Attachments

Here's another one. I like these big group shots as you can see lots of different items in one place at a particular time. The photo is dated 1940 but check out the uniform configurations on some of these boys. Also interesting are the different types of winter cap.

Attachments

From the group photo , I can make out the following :
There are 3 confirmed flieger HJ and 1 confirmed Marine HJ . There is also 1 Junge wearing the Bann flag bearer insignia on his upper right sleeve.
There are 15 HJ wearing the pre 37 visor cap *, most of the dark blue skimutze seem to be regulation , however : there are also a few civilian type skimütze being worn . Interestingly only 1 HJ is wearing the standard HJ overseas cap .
The 3 mid level HJ leaders are also wearing post 1938 HJ mid level leader visors .

*The 15 HJ wearing the pre 37 enlisted ranks visor caps in 1940....................I just wonder , it seems that they have been allowed to wear this form of headgear as kinda a look of being part of the 'Old Guard or they were members prior to 1938' They, having been issued these caps at there time of enlistment into the Hitlerjugend ??? Just my opinion ...

Anyone have a better opinion ??????

Last edited:
There are 106 people in the photo .

1 political leader and 105 HJ .

66 HJ wear the dark blue/black winter blouse .
30 wear the tan/brown shirts .
3 wear fleiger HJ blue/gray blouses .
1 is wearing Marine HJ Km blouse with bib.
4 wear the dinem or wool HJ short waist/2 pleated pocket blouses .
1 wears the HJ 4 pkt. leader blouse.

Very nice study of mixed uniform garb in 1940 .

I looked closer at the guy in the center , now I`m thinking instead of Political leader ; he might be luftwaffe .

Here he is again guys:

This was in an album I used to own. The boy was Nachrichten-HJ and is ringed on the left side of the photo showing the whole group. I wish I'd noted more than just the date as it would be useful to know what course these guys were on.

Edit: I found a pic I took of the album page containing that photo. Translates to 'Training group 1 1940'.

Attachments

Upon further research :confused:, I will concure that the Political/luft individual is indeed a a Political Leader :clap2:with first pattern collar tabs .:thumbup1:

Back