List of Hitler Youth members?

Thanks Received
I was wondering if there were any member lists....or roll call lists to see where my dad was during the war?

Hi,

Unfortunately you are going to have to hope that some of his paperwork survives somewhere because there are no complete lists which can be referenced. What do you know about about his service? When was he born? Where was he living when he was serving? Any detail you can give will be useful but as I say, narrowing things down to the point where the information is useful to you is going to be difficult and will require luck. We can certainly try though. I'm assuming of course that you are talking about his service in the Hitler Youth?

Thanks for responding Garry. Okay, I'll need to get some more information. He still doesn't talk about it. I might get one detail once a year from him. Evidently his father was a "bigwig" in Hamburg....either owned the railway or managed it. My father was sent to several HJ camps- one was a mountain resort. After the war he left for Canada. I don't even know my grandfather's name. My mother recently told me that my father was sent information on a HJ reunion, but he threw out the information.

Good luck with your search Adriana :)

Please let us know if you find anything you can share it sounds like you have some fascinating HJ family history there :001_smile:

Nick

Thanks Nick- this will be a learning process. I know my paternal grandmother's name. Is there a good place to follow your ancestry in Germany?

Back