Oberbannführer Neumann

Thanks Received
Has somebody more information about Oberbannführer Neumann, Oberleutnant in the Wehrmacht and HJ-Verbindungsoffizier in the occupied area Belgien und Nordfrankreich.
Thank you very much,
Michaël

Hi,

He is listed on a document posted by Henrik here. What do you have on him so far? Do you know his christian name?

The 1944 SHAEF report shows a candidate:

Neumann, Oberbannführer - Reichsjugendführung, Auslands u. Volkstumsamt, Reichskommissar Gebiet Ostland

No, I still don't know his first name. I could be that both the men, from the RJF and the HJ Denmark are the same.

I went through the 1939 promotions/appointment lists and pulled out a few possible leads:

Promotions and appointments 1939

To Oberfähnleinführer: Richard Neumann, Gebiet 4 Schlesien (became k-Führer of Jungbann 347 in 1939)

To Hauptgefolgschaftsführer: Hans Neumann, Gebiet 16 Sachsen

To Bannführer: Adolf Neumann, Gebiet 24 Mecklenburg (appointed Bannführer of Bann 298 on 4th of April 1939)

Appointments:

Oberstammführer Heinrich Neumann assumes command of Bann 295, Gebiet 5 Pommern

Obergefolgschaftsführer Friedrich Neumann becomes head of the Kulter- und Rundfunkabteilung, Gebiet 31 Kärnten. Promoted to Hauptgefolgschaftsführer in July 1939.

Bannführer Werner Neumann steps down as Bannführer of Bann 9. Becomes head of Abteilung WS and Kultur on Gebiet 5 Pommern staff.

Back