Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I asked Wim about this (specifically for HJ straps) and this was his response.

"this one I can answer, as far as this is possible too me.
    About the delivery: many years ago (maybe about fifteen) Jeff Hammond and I found out that with headgear a cap normally was manufactured and delivered to a unit in an area (I thought out of heart to 50-60 kilometers or about). Those we checked with the Oberbann-colors largely matched to our thoughts! Later you cannot check it, as not often a name with unit-number are included on the inside.

I can imagine this - what is mentioned above - also may have been a fact with shoulder-straps, but for that I have not found any proof during my researches. Most often RZM tags are not included with early shoulder-straps."

Wim's research is extensive, and I know Jeff also, so I trust this to be a true response.

there could be some truth to this as a certain manufacturer would certainly serve the local area but where is the money or profit in a mass production regime making shoulder straps for bann 288 and 289 for instance. Shoulder straps where made en masse then finished locally with the the numbers by a second firm . Hats again would have so few makers that they had to serve the greater reich to make it worthwhile being in business.

paul

Please login to view user info
    From what ive read and im not sure how accurate it is the following applied for retail outlets

RZM V5 SELLING HATS ONLY

RZM V6 SELLING HATS ,BADGES AND INSIGNIA

RZM V7 SELLING HATS BADGES INSIGNIA AND OUTFITTING ITEMS

RZM W3 CLOTH MILL FOR HAT FABICS

and it goes on very confusing :001_wub:

steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12