RZM codes

Thanks Received
hi guys
quick question, all the rzm factories that produced hj items from badges to cloth to daggers where from many diff parts of germany, where the items they produced moved all over germany or where items made by factories used in the locality they where based i.e
m1/102 frank & reif where based in stuttgart so would those badges be used for the youth community in stuttgart and the surrounding areas or would they be sent to a central area and then moved out to where they where needed

That's an interesting question...So you are saying one theory might be a "central disctribution hub" that all maufuactured goods were originally sent to, then distributed out.

It appears that the RZM had retail and wholesale outlets across the country for people to aquire their kit etc the exeption was SA/SS daggers which were sent direct to the group and in turn distributed

The Reichszeugmeisteri (RZM)
State Party Oranance supply

Did withdraw their authorizations from certain companies i assume for shoddy workmanship,

the RZM did had stores or outlets across the country.In one of my SA newspapers it has an add for SA clothing,i will make a scan tomorow

We need somebody here that knows these RZM codes to do an in depth article on them. There are so many unanswered questions. :(

The only good source I know of are the long out of print books by Clyde Davis.I have just one volume which covers metal.If any of you want to hunt for the books: Handbook of RZM Codes Vol1 metal(which I have w/addendum) and Vol 2 cloth.Published by Runic Press Huston,Texas 1975.

Fishers reference vol 1 has a good section on the RZM

A quote from it,

" It is intresting to note how the RZM codes reflect the mentality of the national socalists, As hitler was becoming a living god and icon people and companies were being depersonalized and serialized, Childrens first names had to be chosen from a restrictive and established list ,prisoners were tattooed with numbers and companies lost their cherished names and brand names and simply became an RZM number as far as products produced for the party were concerned

Intresting stuff.......

steve

I believe that I have a very up to date list of codes and to answer the first question items from one firm to another usually got wide distribution the only caveat to that might be the SA dagger that was mostly distributed within the district made in

PAUL

Hi Paul
To expand on your answer,

RZM DIRECTIVE,

1934-06-01 the RZM does not distribute SA daggers , likewise our retail outlets and wholesalers are not autherized to do so, also they are not available on the open market, They will be forwarded to the individual formations through the supreme SA command,

1938-06-18 the above order was recinded and retailers holding E1/E12 and wholesalers holdingG1/G12 authority were allowed to stock service daggers,

steve

I asked Wim about this (specifically for HJ straps) and this was his response.

"this one I can answer, as far as this is possible too me.
About the delivery: many years ago (maybe about fifteen) Jeff Hammond and I found out that with headgear a cap normally was manufactured and delivered to a unit in an area (I thought out of heart to 50-60 kilometers or about). Those we checked with the Oberbann-colors largely matched to our thoughts! Later you cannot check it, as not often a name with unit-number are included on the inside.

I can imagine this - what is mentioned above - also may have been a fact with shoulder-straps, but for that I have not found any proof during my researches. Most often RZM tags are not included with early shoulder-straps."

Wim's research is extensive, and I know Jeff also, so I trust this to be a true response.

there could be some truth to this as a certain manufacturer would certainly serve the local area but where is the money or profit in a mass production regime making shoulder straps for bann 288 and 289 for instance. Shoulder straps where made en masse then finished locally with the the numbers by a second firm . Hats again would have so few makers that they had to serve the greater reich to make it worthwhile being in business.

paul

From what ive read and im not sure how accurate it is the following applied for retail outlets

RZM V5 SELLING HATS ONLY

RZM V6 SELLING HATS ,BADGES AND INSIGNIA

RZM V7 SELLING HATS BADGES INSIGNIA AND OUTFITTING ITEMS

RZM W3 CLOTH MILL FOR HAT FABICS

and it goes on very confusing :001_wub:

steve

Back