Does anyone have photos of HJ with Model aeroplanes?

Thanks Received
I recreate model aeroplane plans from old photos, so that replicas can be built and flown again. Any photos would be welcomed. many thanks - Leigh

Hi,

With a little luck you may be able to get hold of the exact instructions for building the models rather than doing it from a photo. The training for DJ and Flieger-HJ in model-building is detailed in the period regulations and the model types ("Rhön", "Jungvolk" etc) that were built by the boys as part of this training are listed also so as I say, you might be able to find them. One of our moderators (Henrik) posted a great link here which will be useful to you I'm sure. Look for the NSFK books ("Luftwacht Modelflug") at the bottom of the page (Henrik posted a thumbnail of one of the issues in post #1).

A 1941 order regarding training shows that the following named models were built by the DJ and Flieger-HJ respectively:

DJ:
Rhön
Jungvolk
Borkenberge
Meco-Anfänger
Metall-Jungvolk

Flieger-HJ:
Ursinus
Borkenberge
Hummel
Brummer
Libelle

If you check the "Similar Threads" listing inside your post you will find links to threads showing boys flying and building the models.

Many thanks for you reply Garry and the information, my interest mainly lays in the model designs that don't have plans as they were one off's or the plans are lost to time.

Hi Leigh,

these old plans are not at really lost over time, just not easy to find. I see one about once a year.
I charge 40 Euro plus shipping for stuff like that, so if you are interested, feel free to contact / pm me.
Pictures of model planes can be found on ebay about once a month, but not many good ones, if you want to rebuild the models, they will not be of good use.
But I think there are some interesting model plane pictures on this forum if I rember it right.

Best regards
Christian

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Send me an e-mail and i will provide you some very interesting photo's i have in my collection :)

I have the whole collection. Send me a message if you want to see any? They all have the original plans :)

Attachments

Back