HJ medical personnel HJ-Hauptarzt HJ-Truppenarzt

Thanks Received
I saw this great HJ-Truppenarzt board on u869ss thread and would like to know when it was introduced?

attachment.php

I have only seen this type below before which was replaced at some point obviously:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Just to add to Darin's info: from 1.4.1942 the second-type medical boards were discontinued and doctors, dentists and chemists who held a HJ rank then wore the standard shoulder boards commensurate with that rank. Their medical qualification was then denoted purely by the respective arm patches which were discussed elsewhere on the forum. The appointments from 1.4.42 were:

Gebietsarzt
Bannarzt
Stammarzt

Gebietszahnarzt
Bannzahnarzt
Stammzahnarzt

Gebietsapotheker
Bannapotheker

and for the BDM:

Gebietsärztin
Bannärztin
BDM-Ärztin

Gebietszahnärztin
Bannzahnärztin
BDM-Zahnärztin

Gebietsapothekerin
Bannapothekerin

These appointments were rank-ranged in line with standard RJF policy. Rank range for the Gebiet posts: Obergefolgschaftsführer to Bannführer (and equivalent for BDM).

What was the equivalent rank in the regular HJ with the medical rank of Truppenarzt? Also, does anyone know what form of visor a Doctor wore with the four pocket tunic after '38?

I am looking for any information on a Dr. Harprrecht with the rank of Truppenarzt in 1939. He may have been in the Stuttgart area. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

Not sure if I understand your question exactly Mark but Truppenarzt is the rank. What I mean is, you were either a Truppenarzt or you held a regular HJ rank/position.

Gary

I'm sorry about that. What I mean is was a Truppenarzt rank as high as say a Bannfuhrer? There are only a couple of pictures of HJ docotrs around. Did they wear the HJ officer's style belt or the lower ranking HJ buckle/belt? Would their visor have had the black band around it like a Bannfuhrer or was it blue like their shoulderboard color.

I'm sorry but I know very little about this rare branch of the HJ.

Mark

Hi Mark,

A direct correlation can't be made to be honest because the medical ranks (Oberfeldscher, Hilfsarzt etc) were not command structure ranks in the sense that Gefolgschaftsführer, Bannführer etc were. A HJ-Truppenarzt would not have a regular HJ/DJ/BDM/JM rank unless he was working full-time within the RJF medical system but if he did have a rank then it was not necessarily high. The book 'Die Medizinische Fakultät der Universität Bonn im Dritten Reich' gives an example of a HJ-Truppenarzt who held the HJ rank of Oberrottenführer.

Gary

Would their visor have had the black band around it like a Bannfuhrer or was it blue like their shoulderboard color.

I'm sorry but I know very little about this rare branch of the HJ.

Mark

This illustration comes from the "Axis History Factbook" and it shows a blue piped visor. I have never seen one of these so I don't know it the illustration is accurate. Wim Saris is currently working on a new edition of "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" and it is supposed to deal with HJ headgear in depth. Maybe there will be some information on this visor in the new book.

Attachments

Thanks guys for the information. I really appreciate it!

Did medical doctors wear district triangles?

Here is a very rare tunic from my collection. It is a named Truppenarzt to Dr. Harprrecht. I have a guy researching the name and would appreciate any info from forum members. I hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

more pictures

Attachments

Note the hand applied brown wool by the tailor to the bottom of the boards!

Attachments

The tunic was brought back by a Sgt. in the 4th Armored Div. It was found hanging inside a closet of a large house in western Germany. The house was used as a headquarters for a few nights by the Colonel.

Just an outstanding tunic of the highest quality!

Attachments

One set of loops for an award and evidence that a party badge was worn high on the flap of the pocket.

Attachments

Outstanding tunic. I wondered who got this one, glad to see it in your collection. Congrats. Here's another HJ Feldscher insignia from my collection to add to the thread.

Attachments

Thanks a lot. Very nice Dentist patch. I wish there was more material out there on HJ medical items. There is just very little photographic evidence.

One thing I have noticed about the shoulder straps, every one I've ever seen has at least a moth nip or two. The moths really seem to like these for some reason. :scared::cursing:

I think you are right. Must be the color.

What form of belt and buckle do you think I should use? Based on the material provided above, his rank would not be that of an officer. However, the boards are piped in silver and the quality is second to none.

I think you are right. Must be the color.

What form of belt and buckle do you think I should use? Based on the material provided above, his rank would not be that of an officer. However, the boards are piped in silver and the quality is second to none.

Pascal Bernhard has a fantastic HJ brocade belt set up for sale right now that would look amazing on this tunic. He's a great guy to deal with.

Back