HJ medical personnel HJ-Hauptarzt HJ-Truppenarzt

Gary

I'm sorry about that. What I mean is was a Truppenarzt rank as high as say a Bannfuhrer? There are only a couple of pictures of HJ docotrs around. Did they wear the HJ officer's style belt or the lower ranking HJ buckle/belt? Would their visor have had the black band around it like a Bannfuhrer or was it blue like their shoulderboard color.

I'm sorry but I know very little about this rare branch of the HJ.

Mark

Just a little more on this Mark. I think the way to look at the medical boards is to see them more as indicators of the person's status as a doctor (or chemist etc) rather than seeing them as equivalents to HJ ranks. To illustrate that here's who would normally have worn the boards:

HJ-Oberfeldscher - student
HJ-Hifsarzt - intern
HJ-Truppenarzt/Hauptarzt - fully-qualified

Love the tunic by the way :thumb:

Thanks Garry for the additional information. What form a headgear and buckle would you use for this tunic?

There could not have been that many Doctors with the very limited information and pictures out there....

The number of medical personnel working within the 'Gesundheitsführung der HJ' are given as follows for the end of 1938 Mark (the size of the organisation reached its peak prior to the outbreak of war):

4000 doctors
800 dentists
500 chemists
40000 Feldschere
35000 Gesundheitsmädel

So, not many doctors as you say. I'm looking at various period and modern references here and it's proving difficult to get a clear idea of the numbers of those who had medical ranks and those who held regular ranks. If we knew that it would give you a clearer picture of how many of the 4000 doctors wore Truppenarzt rank.

As far as the uniform is concerned I'm struggling as none of the sources I have here give clear information on the uniforms worn by the medical personnel who did not have a regular rank (Gefolgschaftsführer etc). Hopefully someone on the forum will be able to help more. It would be useful to know the reference used by Axis History for the picture Darin showed.

Thanks for the additional stats Garry. They are very interesting.

I too hope someone can help me out with this tunic. I would like to display it but know very little about the medical doctors and their uniforms.

Thanks guys for all of the great comments. The tunic is even more amazing in person!

I just posted the the HJ doctor's tunic in the for sale section. Great opportunity to pick up one very rare tunic.

Thanks, yes it is a super piece. Here is one more shot of it on a mannequin. One of kind HJ tunic!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Same here Daren , I am currently in the process of buying my Dodge Ram 1500 crewcab 4x4 for 25,000 dollars .
Thats 10,000 dollars down and financing 15 thousand ... so what this means is no more major HJ buying for a while .

I always thought blue piping for HJ was for Flieger personnel.... I know dark blue is for medical in the military, but I'm still new to HJ stuff

I always thought blue piping for HJ was for Flieger personnel.... I know dark blue is for medical in the military, but I'm still new to HJ stuff

Correct, blue numeral and piping on a black or tan background is for Flieger H.J. personnel. Feldscher straps are backed in light blue and have silver piping.

Here is a very rare tunic from my collection. It is a named Truppenarzt to Dr. Harprrecht. I have a guy researching the name and would appreciate any info from forum members. I hope you enjoy the pics.

WOW, :blink:V
Very nice and definetely a rare tunic.
To find it in such a state with all the insignia's matching is really a delight to see.
Nothing wrong with restoring tunics but finding a tunic with all his insignia's, shoulderboards, Etc,.. always have and will have more value IMO.
Hope you'll find some Info about the Original owner, not only from a historic point of view, but it will also add some value to the tunic itself.

I hope one day to stumble on such a treasure myself.

Thx, for sharing this one with us all.:thumb:

wizardelf
:belgium

The tunic is now offered at the Ruptured Duck. Tunic was offered here at 2500 USD, now the Duck asks 6000 (currently "on sale" at 5000 USD), quite the mark up IMO! He does have a web site to run, advertising, etc, hahahaha! I guess that sort of profit should cover the overhead!!

Hmm,

speaking of earning a quick buck.:001_tt1:
seems I have not chosen the right profession.:crying:

wizardelf

Hmm,

speaking of earning a quick buck.:001_tt1:
seems I have not chosen the right profession.:crying:

wizardelf

Well it's a way to earn a buck, but not so quick. He's been sitting on that tunic for over a year now without a sale. Someday it will sell perhaps at that price, but with the volume he does and the profit margin he can afford to wait methinks.

Back