HJ-Streifendienst ID identity documents

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
I was looking for a full Streifendienst ID on a forum search and couldn't find one so here are two HJ-Streifendienst IDs (not mine):

The following ID types correspond to the pattern shown in the 1942 Vorschriftenhandbuch der HJ but there are some nice earlier variations shown (posts 17, 18 and 19) here (posts 17, 18 and 19)

Full ID:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Temporary ID:

The terms "HJ-Streifen"1 and "HJ Streifendienst"2 are mentioned in period documents dating to 1934 and these show that there was a functioning SRD at that time. However, it was loosely organised and required restructuring. This post-restructure SRD was officially raised (aufgestellt) by an RJF order dated the 11th of April 1935 which laid down the new organisational structure.

The 11th April 1935 order makes it clear that the SRD was not a special formation "Sonderformation" (like the Motor-HJ for example) within the HJ. At this time, SRD members took part in HJ life and duties as normal until they were required in their other capacity as SRD. This situation would change in 1938 when an agreement between Himmler and Schrach formalised ties between the SS and the SRD leading to the latter becoming a preferred recruiting pool for the SS. From 1940 the SRD was designated as a "Sonderformation" within the HJ with the braid colour of white being authorised for them.

1 Vierteljahrhefte für Zeitgeschichte April 1965 p68
2 RJF order dated 21st July 1934 which talks about orders going out to the HJ Gebiete within 7 days on HJStreifendienst regulations, ID cards, application forms for ID cards and cufftitles.

Attachments

Really nice SRD documents Garry .
Thank you for posting .

Nice ID,s garry and probably hard to come across from what your search turned up,
Here is a small document to Bann253 any idea what it relates to,

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

Nice ID,s garry and probably hard to come across from what your search turned up,
Here is a small document to Bann253 any idea what it relates to,

Cheers

Steve

Nice document Steve. It's a certificate for a hiking group from Gefolgschaft 10 Freiendiez, Bann 253 showing that it has been checked by the SRD of Bann 253. This was one of the functions of the SRD.

Very nice to see this document. Is it yours?

Thanks for the info garry ,

Yes it arrived yesterday with some more nice pictures and documents,

Cheers ...........steve

Congrats Steve :thumb:

Nick, still reading but I suspect that these temporary cards were for the younger boys who were members of the SRD but still in training (Anwärter) and that the cards were issued locally - probably by the Bannstreifendienstführer or SRD-Gefolgschaftsführer. I can't swear to that though.

Edit: I found the relevant section in the end. The IDs with the red stripe were issued to Scharführer and upwards. The temporary IDs aren't mentioned so I guess we have to assume that they were issued in lieu of the full ID to cover the period until it arrived from the Gebiet.

Thanks Steve. Just had a look - very nice docs. With a little luck that lovely big banner in your sig might tempt him to join us :)

I had a provisional one a couple of years ago. I was really pleased to have found it, since SRD docs do seem to be really hard to find. I've only ever seen a few posted on the forums.

Best,
Toby.

Attachments

HJ-Streifendienst Ausweis

Streifen Einsatz Ausweis Bann 540
Ausweis für den HJ-Streifendienst Gebiet 13 Hessen-Nassau

For members here who dont/cant visit WAF AUSWIES who posted these over on waf has given me permission to to post these here:clap2::clap2:

Attachments

HJ-Streifendienst identity cards

Streifendienst Ausweis Bann 421
Streifendienst Ausweis (temporary) Bann 283

Attachments

HJ-Streifendienst identity documents

Streifendienst Ausweis Andernach
Streifendienst Ausweis (temporary) Bann 91

Attachments

Back