Marine HJ photo test.

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
Ok , this ones for the uniform collectors to pick apart.

Photo was taken from an auction on the internet.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this photo .
If you are an educated collector/historian , you will notice it within 10 seconds .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Garry , you got it mate !
I believe that this photo was taken post 1941, the boy is wearing a regulation Kreigsmarine pullover with a regulation KM collar.
Im thinking that possiably the MHJ relaxed on uniform regulations during the war for economic reasons .

:first:

I couldn't see anything odd when I first looked at the photo but after a few minutes I remembered a thread where we discussed the collars. Wim should get the cup really as he was the one who pulled the information from the RZM regs :)

I becomed crazy looking at the pic and did not noticed the collar points. I did learned an important lesson today!

.... here we go again ....

I must admit I wouldn't have spotted anything wrong on this photo - simply because of the fact that on about 300 MHJ portraits and well detailed snapshots PLUS 6 MHJ photoalbums I have, not a single photo with round corners can be seen. On about 50 of them you can see sharp corners - all the others no corners at all can be seen.

It was only when the regulation was shown and a collar Weitze sold a few years ago, when I realised that the "round-corner-legend" is true indeed.

Rgds

Daniel

The angular collar was shown in "Bekleidung und Ausrüstung der HJ" from January 1934 with a photograph
of Marine-HJ clothings, page 20. One photograph shows the uniform, seen from the back. Here one can
see the corners are not round!
In the RZM "Herstellungsvorschriften" from 1936, page 208 (first addendum) clearly the round-corner collar
was shown.

Nice rounded MHJ Hemdenkragen :

Attachments

Thank you Wim. It is for sale in your country Albrecht but too overpriced :snow:

.... here we go again ....

I must admit I wouldn't have spotted anything wrong on this photo - simply because of the fact that on about 300 MHJ portraits and well detailed snapshots PLUS 6 MHJ photoalbums I have, not a single photo with round corners can be seen. On about 50 of them you can see sharp corners - all the others no corners at all can be seen.

It was only when the regulation was shown and a collar Weitze sold a few years ago, when I realised that the "round-corner-legend" is true indeed.

Rgds

Daniel

Dani,

You have seen it a few times, see attached. I do not own the photo so I must crop and insert a red line which I regret, but you know the issue. Anyway, here the collar is in wear. John

Attachments

I would too like to know the dealer :huh:

Too bad crack. Only "lauri" and "albrecht" know and they are not telling--I sent them a PM a while back, but it is a secret. Not even a response. By the standards of this thread, I should have never posted the image of the collar proving it was worn. For the record, I had/have no interest in buying the collar, however, I know a collector in the US that might. Just wanted to see what dealer since none on my long list of Spanish dealers had it and I checked with other Spain based Navy collectors and they could not find it either.

Just have to love the community sometimes.

John

Back