Marine HJ Potsdam

Thanks Received
It is a stunning picture, I'd say.

I don't know whether the price is right.

But still, a good Pic with lot's of details.

A Marine HJ collector should take care of that.

Admin edit: this post did include a link to the site selling the photo but I have removed it as the item is no longer available.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

It seems he sold it. I watch this item when it was on his old website already. This was about 3 years ago. Sometimes his prices are a bit unreal. However, I was told by another forum member to be cautious with this seller.

Rgds

Daniel

On WAF, there are a few threads about him. See below for examples. The consensus seems to be that he sells some good stuff and some fakes, but have a read and decide for yourself.
Front photo? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
Early Fallschirmjager Album ( a little strange ) - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
On ebay I bought a pre-HJ photo from him, which you can see in my album. It is the one of the Imperial flag with Swaz instead of eagle in the middle. It does not glow under black light.

Thanks for the participation in the thread. Well, right now I'm a little short of time and without having read the threads you linked I want to say following about him:
1. Since years I'm buying photos and other Militaria off him. Usually always very satisfying.
2. However, he will take the item back if you don't feel happy with it - so far I had twice this case and there were never discussion but full money return.

I.m.h.o. the times are gone where you can detect a photo whether genuine or false under UV light! Photos are reproduced nowadays on original photo paper. And let's put it this way: prices on the photo market have risen in the past years significantly. A borg standard Krim shield PC sized portrait with a soldier without any other decorations goes on ebay for 35-50 Euro. And we are not talking about SS, Fallschirmjäger, U-Boot and Wehrmacht, KM & Luftwaffe with rare and high decorations. These go for hundreds these days. Was it not a WH NCO with two tank destruction armstripes which went for just under 150 Euro last week? And a small sized photo of a rare tank modification for 350 Euro.
Don't you think it would justify the production of non UV positive paper, which is so easy - you just don't apply bleaching chemicals. At least this is how I see it.
The nice days of collecting photos are over, that's for sure. However, it is still fun and the fakers did not become smart yet.

Rgds

Daniel

I don't have complaints about Bethge. For me: I don't even care if the photograph is an original
or just a reproduction. What I buy is the uniform, which is to be seen with a photograph and for
that you do not need an original. A good repro is even that good! And when the price is right,
it then is even better. I know these days photographs sometimes go for high prices and I also
occasionally do buy a photograph with a high price, but then I need it (urgently) for one of my
articles or books.

Has any of you guys seen by the way his latest "Bannführer" from Nord Nordmark, priced at 48,-
euro (article-number) 1322568162). A Bannführer he is not, but he does wear a nice visored
cap with a ribbed airforce cap-band, which surely indicates him to be Flieger-HJ, due to the color
of the cap and uniform.

I have never had any problems with that website, or person at all, and i have been buying from them for a long time too, always 100% Happy with price, communication, delivery. But where are the bargains today?
You have to search hard and long, but they are still there. This early HJ picture, i found not so long ago for sale on MS-Shops for €25.- by a guy who is well known for selling fakes... lots of fakes for big money. But the photo is no fake, and the price was stupid. I have since had two offers to buy this photo from me for much more than €25.-

How about the latest Butschek update.. €250.- for a photo? its a nice photo for sure, but €250.- ? Photo prices are going through the roof for sure.. but if you look around you can still find gems. Many many photos are post war anyway, when the soldiers finally came home and finally had a job and some money to get pictures developed, many only made their photo albums long after the war. As long as i am happy with the photo, i dont care if it is developed in 1937 or 1957.

Attachments

This is a great early NSKK photograph as the guys are wearing the small NSKK-eagle in top
for the kepi, but above all colored collar-patches and not yet the black ones.
Buying this photograph however for 250,- euro's means the buyer must have drunk to
much when buying it!

as I said, no complaints about Bethge. It is good he sometimes does not know what he sees
with a photograph. Just bought a photograph from him for about 20,- Euro, which he offered
as Napola. But it was not Napola.

With the sports-dress an insignia was worn which often is uncorrectly identified as political
eagle. The guys however did wear the "Zeesener Adler", instituted for the sports-dress for the
members of the German postal system. Only one photograph was known to me. Thanks
to Bethge I found a second one, just in time to be used for a planned article about this eagle!

Within less then a week the photograph arrived after I had paid Bethge, correctly send by secured
mail.

Back