"Blitz Madel"

Thanks Received
Reading in Kater's Hitler Youth book there is an interesting bit on the BDM serving in the East.

It states that many girls fought ferociously and indeed one was awarded the Iron Cross. Some 25000 were captured and carted off to Stalins Gulags.

They were affectionately known by the Wehrmacht as "Blitz Madel" but this name eventually became a derogatory name for adventure-loving girls who enjoyed giving "sexual favours" !!

Another name I like which is also in the book is "Hand Maidens of the SS".This was given to a group of Flakhelferin who shot their way out of Prague even killing civilians who got in their way. :scared:

Nick

Reading in Kater's Hitler Youth book there is an interesting bit on the BDM serving in the East.

It states that many girls fought ferociously and indeed one was awarded the Iron Cross. Some 25000 were captured and carted off to Stalins Gulags.

They were affectionately known by the Wehrmacht as "Blitz Madel" but this name eventually became a derogatory name for adventure-loving girls who enjoyed giving "sexual favours" !!

Another name I like which is also in the book is "Hand Maidens of the SS".This was given to a group of Flakhelferin who shot their way out of Prague even killing civilians who got in their way. :scared:

Nick

nick have you a picture of that book mate think i might have it, i have loads i havent read yet :closedeyes:

This is the book. No pics though!

Nick

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
My new book called Last Ride of the Valkyries provides a pretty decent look at the contributions of the Signal as well as all other Wehrmacht female auxiliaries.

Back