Decorated HJ

Thanks Received
I have just seen a picture of a Junge wearing an EK2 and a Tank destruction badge.

Were there many highly decorated HJ? (pre adult service)

Apart from the famous picture of Hitler presenting awards to HJ at the bunker does anyone have any pics of HJ wearing such awards?

Heres hoping :)

Nick

I have seen a few photos of German soldiers on leave , wearing there HJ uniforms and having combat decorations on there pockets.

It is also really famous a Pic of Mr. Goebbels condecorating a HJ boy with the EK2 in the "Eastern Front" (already Germany).
I will try to get a pic for you.

Regards

Antonio

:)
It is also really famous a Pic of Mr. Goebbels condecorating a HJ boy with the EK2 in the "Eastern Front" (already Germany).
I will try to get a pic for you.

Regards

Antonio

Hey I look forward to that pic Antonio!:001_smile:

Nick

:)

Hey I look forward to that pic Antonio!:001_smile:

Nick

No problem man, well, yes:D

I recently moved from Dusseldorf to Munich, so many things are still in boxes... and what is worse... I have no idea in which one:confused1:

But promise that this week I will take a picture of the picture (no scanner!)

Regards

Antonio

Thanks Antonio :001_smile:

Good luck with the unpacking, I know how you feel !

You have moved to a nice part of Germany, I love Munich.

I have family who live south of Stuttgart and we often visit Bavaria :thumbup1:

Nick

Hi Gentleman,

In the book that I got for Xmas, I saw a pic of 3 HJ condecorated with the KVK second class.

Sorry for the bad quality in the picture.

Regards

Antonio

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
This picture is from "in a raging inferno"

cheers steve

Attachments

Excelent picture Steve!! one could be many minutes looking at it to see the different uniforms, condecorations, etc.

Regards

Antonio

That photo was taken at the Fuhrerbunker .
These are the boys that were decorated with the EK-2 in Berlin March 22 1945 .

A brilliant picture!:thumbup:

A "Band of Young Brothers"!

The boy looks great in his cam trousers and TDB !

Nick

i posted a pic with a hj wearing a ek2 and a tank destruction badge somwhere on here lol cant find it now though lol

i posted a pic with a hj wearing a ek2 and a tank destruction badge somwhere on here lol cant find it now though lol

I remember it perfectly, I tried to find it acctually but I found this thread before...

Puff, a kid with an EK 2 and a Tank destruction badge must feel like a "Terminator" for sure

Regards

Antonio

They probably felt desperate and terrible, seeing their country and their city burn. Fighting for survival, knowing that all is lost. Let's not get too idealistic here, this was the bitter end here.
I am surprised the hierarchy still had such badges to give out when the Reich was in shreds, taking its last breaths.

Youre both right ,

kids would have felt on top of the world being awarded , thats kids , but in reality the people who were supposed to protect them abused them this picture sums it up , wheres mum/dad /brother / sister children that age should not have that pain...

steve

Attachments

found the the pic, to be honest the kids in the pic look as happy as can be , but there is no date on the pic so i always assumed the hj would only have been awarded these badges at the end of the war could it be they where also awarded earlier in the war hence the happy faces and from the unifroms it certainly does not look like late war.

of note also notice all the diff types of cap being worn

Attachments

Back