Decorated HJ

Hi Stu,

About that amazing picture. I really think it is end of the war and it is pure propaganda, dont forget, so I guess that everyone must "show a nice face", even Axmann was smiling in the famnous pictures/videos of the condecorations outside the bunker.:001_smile:

Being serious now. I am not very into uniforms, but there are s good mix in that picture. Just like the mix in the pic outside the bunker. With Wehrmacht cap, Luftwaffe jacket (could it be flakhelfer?), etc.Maybe they are not part of the same unit, but looks like the typical "mix" of the end of the war. Could it be they are part of the special antitank unit that Axmann created?

At the beginning of the war, or even in the good times, the HJ who participated in the conflict (ten of thousands) were part of the army, so I dont think they were wearing their uniforms once in a permit.

It just a thought.

Regards

Antonio

there is also the possibility that it is late war and the kids are wearing the uniforms they where given which by the end of the war was whaetver was availabe at the time

That photo was taken at the Fuhrerbunker .
These are the boys that were decorated with the EK-2 in Berlin March 22 1945 .

heres one nick ;)

SORRY NOT JOE ANTONIO ;)

hi antonio is this the event?

some very nice pics in this thread :thumbup1:

regards ewan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Last edited:
Hi Ewan,

I had that picture ina book somewhere... That was a different event. I dont remember at 100% but I think it was awarded to him for being a messenger during one of the German counteroffensives in the East during the last months of the war.

As soon as I can manage to find the book, I will provide more details!!! I still have many things in boxes from my last "move".

Regards

Antonio

Youre both right ,

kids would have felt on top of the world being awarded , thats kids , but in reality the people who were supposed to protect them abused them this picture sums it up , wheres mum/dad /brother / sister children that age should not have that pain...

steve

steve i agree with you there and that photo just hammers it home :(

good photo capturing the moment! ;)

Hi Ewan,

I had that picture ina book somewhere... That was a different event. I dont remember at 100% but I think it was awarded to him for being a messenger during one of the German counteroffensives in the East during the last months of the war.

As soon as I can manage to find the book, I will provide more details!!! I still have many things in boxes from my last "move".

Regards

Antonio

hi would be intresting to see thnk you!

regards ewan

Check the show "Not Only But Also". The dude tellin the dumb kid about pregnancy sketch is gold.

But back to topic, some great pics here. I guess most/all these would have been just given in the field with no supplementary documents, yes?

i HAVE ONLY SEEN PICS OF EK2 and WMC class 2 awarded plus wound badges of course. I think the highest combat award to an HJ would be the tank destruction badge . hOPEFULLY MORE PHOTOS WILL BE FOUND ON THIS SUBJECT

paul

i HAVE ONLY SEEN PICS OF EK2 and WMC class 2 awarded plus wound badges of course. I think the highest combat award to an HJ would be the tank destruction badge . hOPEFULLY MORE PHOTOS WILL BE FOUND ON THIS SUBJECT

paul

You are right man, I havent seen any pic with any other type of award. Maybe, there was a few ones with EK1???

Regards

Antonio

There is a legend or story about Hitlerjunge named Nowak that alleges he was awarded the RK for action against Soviet tanks. This story is much disputed if it is true or a legend. There is a lengthy discussion on this on Feldgrau forums.

If true would have been in the very last days in BERLIN and no publicity or photos exist. There are several claimed KCs which can not be substantiated

PAUL

The story is supposed to have taken place in Pommerania if I recall correctly. There are allegations it was all made up by a Volkssturm commander or something of that nature.

If you look at the Bunker video on U-tube of the EK awards cermony you will see one of the Hitleryouths in the line up wearing the EK 1 . it is the one wearing the leaders visor .

Back