Decorated HJ

I think at this time there are about 13 contested Rk awards with a couple of them still alive. I would image many where put foreward and the recipient given the preliminary document but higheer HQ never acting on it . Also with ref to the bravery awards most where regulated to the combat arms and the HJ was considered a political organization so in actual fact rules had to be bent to even award an EK 2

The story is supposed to have taken place in Pommerania if I recall correctly. There are allegations it was all made up by a Volkssturm commander or something of that nature.

It would be amazing if it was true! Howver I am sure it would have been verified by now given the amount of investigative Historians over the last 65 years

Nick

Who knows, maybe in the future we will have more pictures about awards to the HJ.

At the moment, then we can agree that the highest confirmed award given to a HJ was the EK1?

Regards

Antonio

This picture is from 'In a raging inferno'
cheers steve

These special forces of the Hitlerjugend were especially trained to destroy tanks, this is one of the plans from Axmann. Circa 2.000 Hitlerjunge were (after their training) spread in the 9th Army. Around the 20th of April, 1945, all of these Hitlerjunge were taken out by the Russian army. They were very brave soldiers. Thought I've never seen a phot of them, thanks for sharing. Should buy that book one day.

Friendly regards,
Bart

Can anyone of you techno types make out the number on this HJ`s shoulderstrap above ?

It appears to be #161 , but I am not sure .
if someone can verify his strap number , then we could tell where this youth`s hometown was .

Well, the area was in Schlesien, meaning Ost, so in theory it should be a Bann located in the Gebiet Ost.... it doesnt have to be, the boy could have been sent there from anywhere...

So far 473 is West and 161 is Nord.

Hope somebody have the technical knowledge to check the pic and /or video and then let us know.

Regards

Antonio

So can anybody help to check the board number in the picture in page 6?

There is also a video.

Thanks guys!!!

Regards

Antonio

I think you are right Paul.

It is a pity. I also think that the boy was from that area. OST alsmot for sure!!!

Anyway, I will try to get a few options.

REgards

Antonio

Here is yet another photo from the front of a period magazine showing 3 Hitlerjugend wearing the Iron cross 2nd class and 1 boy wearing the War Service cross 2nd class . This magazine is dated 1943 .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi everyone, been away from the scene for awhile due to Uni studies (joy!!), thought i'd share this with you and see what you all think. I own the gruppen-chronik for JM-Gr 27/531 which runs from 1-1-1943 to 4-3-1945 (which looks like when they fell under occupation). On one of the pages, the girl has formed a collage of photos taken from a magazine highlighting a sportsfest held between 13-16 july 1944. One of the photos is of a HJ member with the iron cross first class, German cross in gold and German close combat badge. This would be well worth researching :w00t: Edd

Attachments

From this Stammfuhrers decorations , I would assume this man served in a Sturmschutz (STUG) brigade .

Hi Edd, welcome back. That guy looks like a Stammfuhrer, possibly a wounded war veteran that was not longer fit for combat duty?

My thoughts exactly Darin. The Chronik sounds very interesting Edd. Would you be able to show a couple of pages - perhaps front cover and index?

Thanks for the feedback guys. looking at his shoulderboards, i agree definitely looks like a stammfuhrer. Regarding the Chronik Garry, I will set a new thread and scan some pages, hopefully you will be able to translate what's written. The Chronik has no index as it is all handwritten with drawings and cuttings. It is a beautiful piece of work and interesting as it highlights things like Hitler's last speech to the public, air raids etc.
Edd

Back