Decorated HJ

You don't have permission to view attachments.
i think the image is real war time and no reancting picture , if its war time late war and high decorated

Attachments

i think the image is real war time and no reancting picture , if its war time late war and high decorated

I believe that this group photo is for an awards cermony for the War merit Cross ... the Highly decorated Jungvolk Leader earned his medals while a member of the Whermacht , problibly the Army and was too wounded to go back to the front ( his wound badge is either silver or gold). This was common... it gave the young men inspiration when a former member of the local Bann came back from the front and wore his combat decorations .

I believe that this group photo is for an awards cermony for the War merit Cross ... the Highly decorated Jungvolk Leader earned his medals while a member of the Whermacht , problibly the Army and was too wounded to go back to the front ( his wound badge is either silver or gold). This was common... it gave the young men inspiration when a former member of the local Bann came back from the front and wore his combat decorations .

You posted, just as I was going to press the button. And I agree.

The War Merit Cross was awarded for firefighting during air raids, flak service etc.

Interesting photos with soldiers transferred in the HJ Landdienst. Some are decorated with combat badges : IAB, PAB, wound badge, EK1, EK2 and even a LW paratrooper badge!

Attachments

Certainly a campaign shield.

Attachments

Hi everyone, been away from the scene for awhile due to Uni studies (joy!!), thought i'd share this with you and see what you all think. I own the gruppen-chronik for JM-Gr 27/531 which runs from 1-1-1943 to 4-3-1945 (which looks like when they fell under occupation). On one of the pages, the girl has formed a collage of photos taken from a magazine highlighting a sportsfest held between 13-16 july 1944. One of the photos is of a HJ member with the iron cross first class, German cross in gold and German close combat badge. This would be well worth researching :w00t: Edd

It's HJ-Stammführer and Leutnant d.R. Karl Mitterberger from Bann 531 - and schwere Artillerie-Abteilung 848, of course.

Regards,
Igor

Back