Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Hi Stu,

About that amazing picture. I really think it is end of the war and it is pure propaganda, dont forget, so I guess that everyone must "show a nice face", even Axmann was smiling in the famnous pictures/videos of the condecorations outside the bunker.

Being serious now. I am not very into uniforms, but there are s good mix in that picture. Just like the mix in the pic outside the bunker. With Wehrmacht cap, Luftwaffe jacket (could it be flakhelfer?), etc.Maybe they are not part of the same unit, but looks like the typical "mix" of the end of the war. Could it be they are part of the special antitank unit that Axmann created?

At the beginning of the war, or even in the good times, the HJ who participated in the conflict (ten of thousands) were part of the army, so I dont think they were wearing their uniforms once in a permit.

It just a thought.

Regards

Antonio

Another thought is that it'd probably be easier for a young brainwashed mind to fool itself into thinking victory was still a possibility even at the end. Hence, smiling.

there is also the possibility that it is late war and the kids are wearing the uniforms they where given which by the end of the war was whaetver was availabe at the time

Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    That photo was taken at the führerbunker .
    These are the boys that were decorated with the EK-2 in Berlin March 22 1945 .
    heres one nick ;)

SORRY NOT JOE ANTONIO ;)

hi antonio is this the event?

some very nice pics in this thread

regards ewan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HJ-collector; 29th December 2009 at 10:45 PM.

Hi Ewan,

I had that picture ina book somewhere... That was a different event. I dont remember at 100% but I think it was awarded to him for being a messenger during one of the German counteroffensives in the East during the last months of the war.

As soon as I can manage to find the book, I will provide more details!!! I still have many things in boxes from my last "move".

Regards

Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by zander View Post
    Youre both right ,

kids would have felt on top of the world being awarded , thats kids , but in reality the people who were supposed to protect them abused them this picture sums it up , wheres mum/dad /brother / sister children that age should not have that pain...

steve
    steve i agree with you there and that photo just hammers it home :(

good photo capturing the moment! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    Hi Ewan,

I had that picture ina book somewhere... That was a different event. I dont remember at 100% but I think it was awarded to him for being a messenger during one of the German counteroffensives in the East during the last months of the war.

As soon as I can manage to find the book, I will provide more details!!! I still have many things in boxes from my last "move".

Regards

Antonio
    hi would be intresting to see thnk you!

regards ewan

Nice picture ewan .

is that peter cook ,( of pete and dud fame) to the left of the awarded kid

Quote Originally Posted by zander View Post
    Nice picture ewan .

is that peter cook ,( of pete and dud fame) to the left of the awarded kid
    Ewans too young to remember Peter Cook:laugh: but it does look like him