Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Check the show "Not Only But Also". The dude tellin the dumb kid about pregnancy sketch is gold.

But back to topic, some great pics here. I guess most/all these would have been just given in the field with no supplementary documents, yes?

i HAVE ONLY SEEN PICS OF EK2 and WMC class 2 awarded plus wound badges of course. I think the highest combat award to an HJ would be the tank destruction badge . hOPEFULLY MORE PHOTOS WILL BE FOUND ON THIS SUBJECT

paul

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL AYERST View Post
    i HAVE ONLY SEEN PICS OF EK2 and WMC class 2 awarded plus wound badges of course. I think the highest combat award to an HJ would be the tank destruction badge . hOPEFULLY MORE PHOTOS WILL BE FOUND ON THIS SUBJECT

paul
    You are right man, I havent seen any pic with any other type of award. Maybe, there was a few ones with EK1???

Regards

Antonio

maybe but no photo proof seen yet

There is a legend or story about Hitlerjunge named Nowak that alleges he was awarded the RK for action against Soviet tanks. This story is much disputed if it is true or a legend. There is a lengthy discussion on this on Feldgrau forums.

If true would have been in the very last days in BERLIN and no publicity or photos exist. There are several claimed KCs which can not be substantiated

PAUL

The story is supposed to have taken place in Pommerania if I recall correctly. There are allegations it was all made up by a Volkssturm commander or something of that nature.

I would not attach much to it then

PAUL

If you look at the Bunker video on U-tube of the EK awards cermony you will see one of the Hitleryouths in the line up wearing the EK 1 . it is the one wearing the leaders visor .

can you send a link ? I would imagine many leaders where wounded vets transferred to the youth at that point.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast