Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    i WAS ABLE TO GO FULL SCREEN 24 in and stop it, so did get a good look and know it was not 161. I think the kid was very local also.

PAUL

Please login to view user info
    So can anybody help to check the board number in the picture in page 6?

There is also a video.

Thanks guys!!!

Regards

Antonio

Antonio due to the angle from which the pic was taken, I do not think the first number will ever be known

PAUL'

I think you are right Paul.

It is a pity. I also think that the boy was from that area. OST alsmot for sure!!!

Anyway, I will try to get a few options.

REgards

Antonio

Here is yet another photo from the front of a period magazine showing 3 Hitlerjugend wearing the Iron cross 2nd class and 1 boy wearing the War Service cross 2nd class . This magazine is dated 1943 .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi everyone, been away from the scene for awhile due to Uni studies (joy!!), thought i'd share this with you and see what you all think. I own the gruppen-chronik for JM-Gr 27/531 which runs from 1-1-1943 to 4-3-1945 (which looks like when they fell under occupation). On one of the pages, the girl has formed a collage of photos taken from a magazine highlighting a sportsfest held between 13-16 july 1944. One of the photos is of a HJ member with the iron cross first class, German cross in gold and German close combat badge. This would be well worth researching Edd

Copy of Copy of img326.jpg

Hi Edd, welcome back. That guy looks like a Stammführer, possibly a wounded war veteran that was not longer fit for combat duty?

From this Stammführers decorations , I would assume this man served in a Sturmschutz (STUG) brigade .

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Hi Edd, welcome back. That guy looks like a Stammführer, possibly a wounded war veteran that was not longer fit for combat duty?
    My thoughts exactly Darin. The Chronik sounds very interesting Edd. Would you be able to show a couple of pages - perhaps front cover and index?

Thanks for the feedback guys. looking at his shoulderboards, i agree definitely looks like a stammführer. Regarding the Chronik Garry, I will set a new thread and scan some pages, hopefully you will be able to translate what's written. The Chronik has no index as it is all handwritten with drawings and cuttings. It is a beautiful piece of work and interesting as it highlights things like Hitler's last speech to the public, air raids etc.
    Edd

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast