Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Looking forward to seeing it Edd. Thank you.

Please login to view user info
    High decorated hitler jugend.jpg i think the image is real war time and no reancting picture , if its war time late war and high decorated

Quote Originally Posted by Hawser View Post
    High decorated hitler jugend.jpg i think the image is real war time and no reancting picture , if its war time late war and high decorated
    I believe that this group photo is for an awards cermony for the War merit Cross ... the Highly decorated Jungvolk Leader earned his medals while a member of the Whermacht , problibly the Army and was too wounded to go back to the front ( his wound badge is either silver or gold). This was common... it gave the young men inspiration when a former member of the local Bann came back from the front and wore his combat decorations .

Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    I believe that this group photo is for an awards cermony for the War merit Cross ... the Highly decorated Jungvolk Leader earned his medals while a member of the Whermacht , problibly the Army and was too wounded to go back to the front ( his wound badge is either silver or gold). This was common... it gave the young men inspiration when a former member of the local Bann came back from the front and wore his combat decorations .
    You posted, just as I was going to press the button. And I agree.

The War Merit Cross was awarded for firefighting during air raids, flak service etc.

Interesting photos with soldiers transferred in the HJ Landdienst. Some are decorated with combat badges : IAB, PAB, wound badge, EK1, EK2 and even a LW paratrooper badge!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certainly a campaign shield.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great photo Lauri , thank you for posting .

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567