Kurt panzer Mayer`s uniform ?

Thanks Received
Hi.
Can anyone tell me what kind of uniform Kurt Meyer was using under 12 ss pz div?
what cufftile did he use , the Hitlerjugend or LSAH?
pictures is welcome too.

Regards.

Kurt Meyer as well as most Waffen SS Officers had several uniforms that they wore while in Country .
In Garrison Meyer mostly wore his regulation Officers 4 pocket tunic with the 4 pleated patch pockets and dark green collar complete with the SS insignia and with the Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler cuff title ... NOT HITLERJUGEND !

At the front Meyer wore regulation SS camouflage and was photographed also in Italien Camo , with his Knights Cross and Oakleaves showing .

When Meyer was captured , he was about to be executed by Belgium partisans and was stripped of his tunic . He was handed over to the Americans and redressed in a German Army Officers Colonels uniform.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Good info from Joe, I agree he never would have worn the Hitlerjugend cuff title.
There are many photos on the internet too many to post here!
Are you doing a study on him ?

Nick

Thank you joe:thumb: yes i have seen alot of pic. in the internet, but never one of en cufftile, its just a little study, for the fun of it :blush: as i wrote in a nother thread about reeanacting, im working in at little museum in Denmark , and we have a show evry year, and this year i think i will go as Panzer Mayer :001_tongue: so i have to get some info on the uniform :001_tongue:
Good info from Joe, I agree he never would have worn the Hitlerjugend cuff title.
There are many photos on the internet too many to post here!
Are you doing a study on him ?

Nick

Back